We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Email Server issue

donatom3
2014-10-10, 10:11 AM
Quote Originally Posted by mcnitech
How did you manage to get off their list? I am a new OVH customer & Verizon.net told me my IP was Dynamically Assigned, then they said I had no rDNS (which I do).

After much back & forth, I was told that Verizon is blocking my whole IP range & that they will not remove my IP because of SPAM from OVH Networks.

Right now I am routing mail going to Verizon through another SMTP Server I have at another provider until I can get this resolved. When I got this server setup, I was not on any RBL or other blacklists. But AOL, Microsoft & Verizon were blocking all my IPs. I managed to setup feedback loops & get delisted everywhere I know I'm blocked, but Verizon is just not budging....

I think it's pretty ridiculous for a company to block entire IP ranges from a datacenter as big as OVH & not do the same for other providers like GoDaddy. Verizon email users cannot get mail from a lot of servers right now.
You'll want to get rDNS setup for your ip address. http://help.dnsmadeeasy.com/spry_men...p-reverse-dns/ http://dyn.com/support/reverse-dns/ . A lot of mail providers including AOL use these rDNS records to make sure that the mail server they're receiving email from is the one that's registered to that domain.

mcnitech
2014-09-19, 09:10 AM
How did you manage to get off their list? I am a new OVH customer & Verizon.net told me my IP was Dynamically Assigned, then they said I had no rDNS (which I do).

After much back & forth, I was told that Verizon is blocking my whole IP range & that they will not remove my IP because of SPAM from OVH Networks.

Right now I am routing mail going to Verizon through another SMTP Server I have at another provider until I can get this resolved. When I got this server setup, I was not on any RBL or other blacklists. But AOL, Microsoft & Verizon were blocking all my IPs. I managed to setup feedback loops & get delisted everywhere I know I'm blocked, but Verizon is just not budging....

I think it's pretty ridiculous for a company to block entire IP ranges from a datacenter as big as OVH & not do the same for other providers like GoDaddy. Verizon email users cannot get mail from a lot of servers right now.

Stanton
2014-09-18, 02:44 PM
-Solved-

I was able to finally contact hopefully a human at Verizon and able to get off the RBL.
This, I guess, is more to do with Verizon support than OVH after all, sort of strange to 500 error out immediately instead of graylisting, but I guess everyone can run the way they want to. Leaving below, as someone else might have to contact them.

So I've come across one issue so far in running an email server from SoYouStart. It seems that Verizon is blocking all IPs from sending emails to them. This is the only ISP that I've come across, so it may not have been caught yet. I tried to contact Verizon both as an ISP myself, and as a Verizon customer.

SMTP Response:
571 Email from 167.114.9.65 is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 140918

Verizon Whitelist response:
After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online Security
http://www2.verizon.net/policies
abuse@verizon.net