We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

16 Free Ips / Month

vectr0n
2014-10-25, 10:14 PM
Quote Originally Posted by McyD1
It shows up at $3, but still lists it as for month.
If it shows only $3 then it's billing properly. And if you were being charged monthly it would be for $6.

McyD1
2014-10-25, 10:04 PM
It shows up at $3, but still lists it as for month.

vectr0n
2014-10-25, 06:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by McyD1
Additional failover IP - 1 month, still shows up on the order when ordering Additional IPs within the first 16 .
Does it show the 1 month as $3 or $6?

McyD1
2014-10-24, 03:17 PM
Additional failover IP - 1 month, still shows up on the order when ordering Additional IPs within the first 16 .

Octopus
2014-09-12, 05:46 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
However, existing IPs were not affected by this change. The only IPs which were billed were the ones ordered after the new billing rules were established.
The new pricing policy also applied to existing servers and already allocated IP FO. A Notification has been sent by email to all clients of OVH back to that time (autumn 2012), listing all our IP FO, and mentioning they'll start being charged on December 6th and that if we didn't want to pay, we needed to cancel them before that date.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
So, to resume, while there are no plans to change or increase IP pricing, if ever we do, it will not affect the pricing IPs that you've already ordered.
Okay, I took good note of it. Thank you.

Phil @ OVH
2014-09-12, 03:46 PM
Hello,

To answer Octopus's question, I'll explain the story a bit for anyone who doesn't know it.

Years ago, OVH offered free IPs, and then at one point, it no longer became financially feasible to do this. When the decision was made to start charging IPs, there was a short period where all IPs had monthly fees associated to them, whether on OVH or SoyouStart.

However, existing IPs were not affected by this change. The only IPs which were billed were the ones ordered after the new billing rules were established.

The deal you have at the time of your order will remain for the duration of your server rental. Often, if a better deal comes along, we automatically apply it to all customers. 16 IPs with no monthly fees on SoyouStart, and 256 IPs with no monthly fees on OVH are both relatively new offers, and they are applied to almost all servers, even ones that were ordered before the deal was offered.

So, to resume, while there are no plans to change or increase IP pricing, if ever we do, it will not affect the pricing IPs that you've already ordered.

Regards
Phil C.

Octopus
2014-09-12, 03:32 PM
Until when? Can you guarantee us, that this is not going to change tomorrow, and that IP FO which are free will not be suddenly billed monthly? Like it happened in Europe?

Phil @ OVH
2014-09-12, 02:53 PM
Hello,

Our deal is 16 IPs per server with no recurring monthly fees.

The order does not make the contract. If you had two servers, and were to order 16 IPs for each of them, there would only be the initial setup fee. However, if you were to later transfer the 16 IPs from one server to the other, you would then have 32 IPs on that server, and the IPs beyond 16 would be billed $3/month.

Regards
Phil C.

vectr0n
2014-09-12, 10:03 AM
Quote Originally Posted by sweharris
@Phil
My concern; the order process is what makes the contract. If I order 8 IPs today (which will meet my current needs and expected needs for the next year), will I get charged 24/month, or will it be a one-off?

You say one thing; the web site says the other :-(

I hope your devs fix the site quickly. Please keep us updated!

Thanks.
The only time you would be billed monthly for an IP is when you exceed the 16 IP mark on your server. You should be able to tell if its billing setup fee and monthly by the cost shown on the order page.

sweharris
2014-09-11, 08:59 PM
@Phil
My concern; the order process is what makes the contract. If I order 8 IPs today (which will meet my current needs and expected needs for the next year), will I get charged 24/month, or will it be a one-off?

You say one thing; the web site says the other :-(

I hope your devs fix the site quickly. Please keep us updated!

Thanks.

Phil @ OVH
2014-09-11, 07:05 PM
Hello,

The offer recently changed, it's possible there are still bugs in the order process. I'll flag that to our site devs.

As I said before, the first 16 IPs assigned to a server are only billed a one-time setup fee of $3/IP, with no recurring monthly fees.

Regards,
Phil C.

sweharris
2014-09-11, 06:58 PM
So I'm confused.

Let's say I pick 8 IP addresses. I only get "1 month" as a duration and a bill of $24.
However, if I pick 1 IP address then I get "until March 2015" and $3 as the bill.

Is this just bad web site design, and I can order 8 IP addresses for $24 and they last for as long as I renew the server?

Phil @ OVH
2014-09-11, 05:52 PM
Hello,

All SoyouStart servers are eligible for up to 16 IP addresses with no monthly fees. As indicated on the website, you would simply need to pay a one-time activation fee of $3/IP.

Any additional IPs beyond the first 16 are billed at $3/month per IP.

Regards,
Phil C.

vectr0n
2014-09-11, 09:58 AM
Quote Originally Posted by brad2014
Does this apply to existing servers or only new? I only see the option to pay 48/mo on my Soyoustart server
You would need to contact support as it is billing related. Not to sure what they have been doing for current customers.

brad2014
2014-09-11, 12:45 AM
Does this apply to existing servers or only new? I only see the option to pay 48/mo on my Soyoustart server