We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

So what's the skinny on new servers

eva2000
2014-09-22, 08:29 PM
you mean non-ECC i suppose, yeah they're old SSDs but Intel 320SSD is an old product.. but the host reads/writes are low anyway and power cycle counts on 2 of the 3 SSDs is only at around 16 which is a good thing

wwwcom
2014-09-22, 08:03 PM
Quote Originally Posted by eva2000
yeah made a full on review and benchmark test of my new SoYouStart E3-SSD-3 server https://community.centminmod.com/thr...-320-ssd.1453/ - definitely good bang for the buck
Looks like they still aren't putting ECC into those, so it is pretty useless as a server.

Maybe gaming but nothing with a database would be safe.

power on hours = 13,043 - 13,182 that's like 543.5 - 549.25 days or upto 1.5 yrs
Whoa, they are recycling heavily used SSD drives? Well that is a recipe for failure.

eva2000
2014-09-21, 03:39 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Harshal
I snagged one myself was so glad. After missing the server by 2 kinutes and 10 minutes another time i was relieved that i got it.
yeah made a full on review and benchmark test of my new SoYouStart E3-SSD-3 server https://community.centminmod.com/thr...-320-ssd.1453/ - definitely good bang for the buck

Harshal
2014-09-20, 03:34 PM
Quote Originally Posted by eva2000
Got my E3-SSD-3 today ~ 19hrs from order to server delivery + id validation. Located in BHS1
I snagged one myself was so glad. After missing the server by 2 kinutes and 10 minutes another time i was relieved that i got it.

eva2000
2014-09-20, 04:28 AM
Got my E3-SSD-3 today ~ 19hrs from order to server delivery + id validation. Located in BHS1

Octopus
2014-09-11, 04:04 PM
This is a problem of space, Octave Klaba mentioned it on Twitter, they are near 100% full at BHS. A new "container" has been delivered, BH3, last month, but is still not online.

ichpen
2014-09-11, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the update. Over on the OVH side there seems to be lots of servers available so I'm assuming this is more of a logistical issue for SYS rather than an IP allocation problem.

Wouldn't mind having the moment in time comment quantified though Is it a week, a month, a few months before we see decent stocks ? I'm hoping that trickle feeding infra isn't the long term goal here

vectr0n
2014-09-11, 10:00 AM
Quote Originally Posted by wwwcom
My theory is they are completely out of IPv4 addresses in BHS north america except whatever they are reserving on the OVH side.

I mean what else could be the problem, they have not sold a new server in weeks except one or two that have popped up.

That is a crazy business model.
They already got a new /16 from ARIN last week. As Hugo mentioned their servers are just in HIGH demand. No other company has offers like SYS.

wwwcom
2014-09-10, 08:02 PM
My theory is they are completely out of IPv4 addresses in BHS north america except whatever they are reserving on the OVH side.

I mean what else could be the problem, they have not sold a new server in weeks except one or two that have popped up.

That is a crazy business model.

Hugo @ OVH
2014-09-10, 04:44 AM
Hello, ichpen

It is unfortunate but as we speaking most of the SoYouStart server stock is empty due to the huge demands for those servers. It is just a moment of time before we refill it completely and put back the servers available on the SoYouStart website.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Best regards,

Hugo @ OVH

ichpen
2014-09-09, 11:09 PM
Been lurking on the order page to snag another one or two SSD3 or 4 servers for a whole month But no fish and no updates on the site in terms of availability.

So guys, what's the plan? Will SYS replenish stock in sufficient quantities at some point in the near future?

Curious as you won't take my money right now