We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Potential risk....

Stanton
2014-09-05, 10:30 PM
This has nothing to do with which branch, it's more for insurance on them. Personally, I run a CoLocation facility, and if I didn't properly assign customers I would probably be put on SORBs, IronPorts, etc... even for large fortune 500 companies that well don't monitor properly for the DDoS/Spam attack of the day. By assigning the /28 block, you are covering your own ass to put it bluntly, than you can boot the customer without much hassle since they have been notified as well as the upstream provider (OVH). This could be anything from an open dns resolver, NTP server, or Heartbleed attack, and they would contact the whois first.

vectr0n
2014-09-05, 10:20 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Stanton
So I've got my Exchange server setup on an ESXi server, and all's good. Nothing on the RBLs that I can see, but I'm still a bit worried.
I started off by signing up to a few Feedback Loop providers and it seems that nothing is SWIP'd to my name. While I'm sure that OVH is on top of spammers, it's more of an insurance policy against RBL providers that they only blacklist the IP space allocated first. Personally, I run an rwhois server, but SWIP isn't that difficult on ARIN at least, since they've implemented a RESTful API.
I know for a fact this is not an option with SYS servers. I do not even think OVH servers are able to get SWIP'd IP's. Nothing appears on any of their websites about it. I have been running my mail server on the OVH network for almost a year now without any issues regarding RBL's and being blacklisted. After speaking with an OVH staff member, he advised me that they do not SWIP on single IP addresses, but the subnet and would be synced to your address on your account.

Stanton
2014-09-05, 10:07 PM
So I've got my Exchange server setup on an ESXi server, and all's good. Nothing on the RBLs that I can see, but I'm still a bit worried.
I started off by signing up to a few Feedback Loop providers and it seems that nothing is SWIP'd to my name. While I'm sure that OVH is on top of spammers, it's more of an insurance policy against RBL providers that they only blacklist the IP space allocated first. Personally, I run an rwhois server, but SWIP isn't that difficult on ARIN at least, since they've implemented a RESTful API.