We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

VMware with Software Raid?

vectr0n
2014-08-29, 10:46 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Stanton
I'm not overly concerned with running an older version, just wanted patches at least. Since it's a new install, I just updated and everything is fine.
Thanks though, as I might have to upgrade later to 5.5 if a new OS comes out that requires it.
No problem The ESXi 5.5 Update 1 template in the managers pulls the newest patches (July 1st, 2014) was the last patch, they are pretty good at keeping the templates up to date.

Stanton
2014-08-29, 10:43 AM
I'm not overly concerned with running an older version, just wanted patches at least. Since it's a new install, I just updated and everything is fine.
Thanks though, as I might have to upgrade later to 5.5 if a new OS comes out that requires it.

vectr0n
2014-08-29, 10:27 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Stanton
So I was lucky enough to pickup a E3-SAT-3 for some offsite monitoring and testing. Since VMware themselves don't support software raids, I was assuming that it would come with 2 separate drives. Since this is a bit of a wacky install with the software mirror, just wondering if there's any issues with updating to 5.0 Update 3 at least?
When I installed ESXi 5.5 on my server I just did a custom install and clicked the install to one disk only. Then just add the second drive in the ESXi client.

Stanton
2014-08-29, 10:03 AM
So I was lucky enough to pickup a E3-SAT-3 for some offsite monitoring and testing. Since VMware themselves don't support software raids, I was assuming that it would come with 2 separate drives. Since this is a bit of a wacky install with the software mirror, just wondering if there's any issues with updating to 5.0 Update 3 at least?