We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

OVH windows server license on ESXi 6

Phil @ OVH
2017-01-06, 10:07 AM
Hello,

Sorry for the delay. We only provide Windows licenses for Dedicated servers. We do not provide VM licenses. You would need to obtain these from Microsoft or elsewhere.

Regards,
Phil C.

WebHostingNeeds
2016-12-31, 12:39 AM
Quote Originally Posted by logicallayer
. So would it be possible to create it using the physical server IP but have the license assigned to the VM running on it?
I once purchased Cpanel license for main IP. Then found out Cpanel won't run out that server due to some hardware issue (network card not supported by CentOS), then i installed proxmox, installed Cpanel inside a VM, but we have to purchase cpanel license again, they don't allow using same license or even transfer it.

Not sure about Windows, i too interested to know this, hope someone from OVH answer this.

logicallayer
2016-12-30, 11:00 AM
Hi,

Would it be able to take advantage of "Windows server 2012 R2" standard license at $25/month and have it installed on a VM running using ESX 6.0?

Or if I'm running ESXi then the only way I bring my own license?

When I go to license section it can't be created using the failover IP but only when using the dedicated server IP. So would it be possible to create it using the physical server IP but have the license assigned to the VM running on it?

I know that the standard edition should be eligible for one physical license and two VMs.