We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

New dedicated server is up, need to cancel old server

Merridion
2016-12-10, 03:30 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the responses, appreciate it...

WebHostingNeeds
2016-12-10, 12:25 AM
I think they give credit only if server have 15+ days remaining, in this case OP said, server expire on 13th, that is like in 4 days.

scsa20
2016-12-09, 05:37 PM
What WebHostingNeeds said, you can just let it cancel by not renewing it. You could also submit in a ticket from the control panel and request them to transfer the remaining days to the new server but that's only useful if you're going OVH to OVH and not Kimsufi to OVH or something like that (although it doesn't hurt to ask but I do believe that their billing is completely different so not sure if it's possible)

WebHostingNeeds
2016-12-09, 02:12 AM
There is no cancellation process. If you don't renew server, it get cancelled. So just don't pay for the server, all will be good.

Merridion
2016-12-07, 11:56 PM
I recently upgraded to a bigger dedicated server and I have finished moving all of my VMs over as well. I've cleaned off all data from the old dedicated server I was using, so now what do I do about canceling the old server's contract (which is due to renew on the 13th)? Do I just let it expire and not renew it (since I am set for "month-to-month") or is there some sort of formal "cancellation" option that I must submit? I can't seem to find any official information on this topic...