We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

don't buy if your planning on using any graphics at all

HonestHarley
2016-12-17, 01:32 AM
Quote Originally Posted by scsa20
Generally speaking, most servers do not come with high powerful graphics to begin with since the most you'll be doing is plugging in a monitor, keyboard, and mouse just to see wtf is going on with a server or setting it up for the first time (if you're physically there and/or don't have a type of KVM where you can do things remotely like you are in front of the computer, think iDRAC as an example).

If you need a CPU with newer integrated graphic, then I can only ask why. Why do you need something like that? If you're looking for a server that has graphics then you might want to look at a server that actually had it's own dedicated graphic card for those complex computing needs but mind you they're not cheap (cheapest OVH has one that has a GTX 970 for just shy under 200 bucks a month).

You also have to remember that SoYouStart is "used" servers, meaning that those servers were once at it's prime with OVH but has since been decommission for use with OVH and moved onto a sub division of OVH so it can be used by someone at a cheaper cost then what was originally rented out for. Mind you that the servers on SoYouStart isn't as old as the servers on Kimsufi but it's just something you need to keep in mind.

If you're looking for something that's newest of the new, rent directly from OVH instead of one of the sister sites just because you're trying to save a few bucks.
stop trying to talk out of your ass and sound smart, the ovh MC-32 uses the same motherboard too. In what world would you rent a 232$ usd dedicated server with a gpu if you just need a little integrated graphics? Not to mention is only 16gb of ram. The soyoustart advertises "newest parts". Honestly I'm glad they got crap customer service, I found a provider way better. How do these guys stay in business where the customer gets treated so poorly too, thats the opposite of every successful business in america.

scsa20
2016-12-09, 05:35 PM
Generally speaking, most servers do not come with high powerful graphics to begin with since the most you'll be doing is plugging in a monitor, keyboard, and mouse just to see wtf is going on with a server or setting it up for the first time (if you're physically there and/or don't have a type of KVM where you can do things remotely like you are in front of the computer, think iDRAC as an example).

If you need a CPU with newer integrated graphic, then I can only ask why. Why do you need something like that? If you're looking for a server that has graphics then you might want to look at a server that actually had it's own dedicated graphic card for those complex computing needs but mind you they're not cheap (cheapest OVH has one that has a GTX 970 for just shy under 200 bucks a month).

You also have to remember that SoYouStart is "used" servers, meaning that those servers were once at it's prime with OVH but has since been decommission for use with OVH and moved onto a sub division of OVH so it can be used by someone at a cheaper cost then what was originally rented out for. Mind you that the servers on SoYouStart isn't as old as the servers on Kimsufi but it's just something you need to keep in mind.

If you're looking for something that's newest of the new, rent directly from OVH instead of one of the sister sites just because you're trying to save a few bucks.

HonestHarley
2016-12-06, 07:46 PM
The servers on soyoustart have i7's yes, but they are using motherboards that only support older cpu's, so the i7's intergrated graphics won't be used. Crappy support service means you won't get any answers and the only really solution is to let your servers expire.