We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Need some help with VirtualBox VM on my Windows Server

Elochai
2016-11-01, 02:37 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Elochai
Yeah I know the title sounds weird and what I am doing may sound kinda funny too.

My server is running Windows 2012 on it and has been for almost 2 years now. I run a lot of windows applications on it so it has to stay running.

So here the issue, I got a new site to host and normally I use my web hosting provider for my websites to keep things simple. But for this website, I need a bit more raw power and control. So I need to get Linux installed on my server by a VM within the Windows Server 2012 OS.

I installed VirtualBox on my Windows Server and loaded up ubuntu.

Now I need to know how to get the network to work on it, how to set it up so it will use my fail over IP from within the VM thats hosted on my OVH Windows server. This part got me drove nuts as I figure I just setup the ubuntu network interface card as the failover IP data, but that don't seem to work.
I manage to figure it out with a lot of messing around. From the nic interface not starting to bridging turning of and on.

This site and it's owner was very helpful if anyone else is doing something along the same lines as me

https://binaryimpulse.com/2014/08/ov...configuration/

Elochai
2016-10-30, 05:26 PM
Yeah I know the title sounds weird and what I am doing may sound kinda funny too.

My server is running Windows 2012 on it and has been for almost 2 years now. I run a lot of windows applications on it so it has to stay running.

So here the issue, I got a new site to host and normally I use my web hosting provider for my websites to keep things simple. But for this website, I need a bit more raw power and control. So I need to get Linux installed on my server by a VM within the Windows Server 2012 OS.

I installed VirtualBox on my Windows Server and loaded up ubuntu.

Now I need to know how to get the network to work on it, how to set it up so it will use my fail over IP from within the VM thats hosted on my OVH Windows server. This part got me drove nuts as I figure I just setup the ubuntu network interface card as the failover IP data, but that don't seem to work.