We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Cannot connect to new server via SSH

scsa20
2016-10-21, 05:08 AM
I'm assuming you have console access from the control panel otherwise you wouldn't be able to setup the FTP. When you're console in, look for a called hosts.allow under /etc and add your IP there (alt. you can check hosts.deny and make sure All isn't listed and if so comment it out)

Not much more I could offer you, hopefully someone else here could tell you other places to look and maybe help you with the backup storage issue.

SpaZMonKeY777
2016-10-20, 02:06 PM
So I have been with another hosting company for the last 3-4 years, and recently decided to move to OVH. After the hardware setup and OS install (CentOS 6.8), I am having issues connecting via SSH with Putty. I got FTP setup and can connect via FTP with Filezilla, but whenever I try to connect to my IP via Putty it just immediately gives me this error message: http://i.imgur.com/G7lVXV2.png

I am getting a similar issue when trying to connect to my newly setup backup storage, Filezilla spits a critical error and says Could not connect to server. Even though it connects, registers the username, and attempts the password, and then errors out. I have tried re-installing the OS as well as resetting the backup storage password, but both problems still exist.

I feel like I am missing some simply solution, but can't find it. I have an open ticket still in the system, but the only response I got so far is "Port 22 appears open and we can connect" but that's it. Anyone have any ideas? Appreciate any assistance, thanks!