We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Recently got my VPS blocked saying it was being used to hack people

esaesa
2016-10-12, 09:28 AM
Also you have to know if you installed script from untrusted location or not. If you are not expert in securing servers then your server may be hacked and used in DDoS

Quote Originally Posted by CRaynor
I am a new user to OVH, and for the past 2 weeks they have been wonderful, by far the best I have ever used. But about 3 hours ago, they locked my VPS with a vague message about it being used in DDOS attacks. I tried to phone in to support and they were vague saying they couldn't help me. I asked who I should ask and they said to reply to the email(?). The email itself appears to be an autogenerated email and I doubt anyone reads the other end. What should I do? I am very distraught and want my files back at the very minimum.

CRaynor
2016-09-21, 11:18 PM
So its been a few days now and I still have no response from the abuse dept. I don't mean to be impatient, but how long does it usually take for them to respond to emails?

CRaynor
2016-09-19, 09:37 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
Hello,

You would need to do exactly what they said. The email is monitored and they will be able to continue with you.

Regards,
Phil
Thanks for the reply Phil, I did send a reply, and received an answer. I was told to email the abuse dept. via email. My fingers are crossed.

Phil @ OVH
2016-09-19, 09:27 AM
Hello,

You would need to do exactly what they said. The email is monitored and they will be able to continue with you.

Regards,
Phil

CRaynor
2016-09-18, 04:03 PM
I am a new user to OVH, and for the past 2 weeks they have been wonderful, by far the best I have ever used. But about 3 hours ago, they locked my VPS with a vague message about it being used in DDOS attacks. I tried to phone in to support and they were vague saying they couldn't help me. I asked who I should ask and they said to reply to the email(?). The email itself appears to be an autogenerated email and I doubt anyone reads the other end. What should I do? I am very distraught and want my files back at the very minimum.