We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How do I set another administrator for my VPS?

Phil @ OVH
2016-07-07, 10:57 AM
Hello,

Yes, their account is in the North American system, but I suspect yours is not. It is not possible for a North American account to be set as the administrator of a server on a European account though, as we used completely separate account systems.

Your friend would need to create an account on ovh.ie if he wishes to be the admin of your services.

Regards,
Phil C.

peoro
2016-07-05, 07:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
Hello,

The features you're describing are only available in OVH Europe accounts. This is the support forum for OVH Canada. We do not have the same tools as Europe, so we cannot assist you with this.

I would recommend posting on the forum of OVH.ie.

Thanks,
Phil C.
Thanks for your reply.

My friend ( iy300443-ovh ) registered his account on ovh.com/us, and can only log in from there. That's why I was assuming posting here made sense (although our VPS server is located in France, and his nationality is Italian).

I'll crosspost on forum.ovh.co.uk (forum.ovh.ie redirects me there).

Phil @ OVH
2016-07-05, 01:41 PM
Hello,

The features you're describing are only available in OVH Europe accounts. This is the support forum for OVH Canada. We do not have the same tools as Europe, so we cannot assist you with this.

I would recommend posting on the forum of OVH.ie.

Thanks,
Phil C.

peoro
2016-07-05, 12:49 PM
Hello,

A friend of mine bought a VPS server and he wanted to set me as another administrator as detailed here, but we are failing to do so.

When my friend logs in his interface is quite different from mine: he doesn't see some of the links I see in the header bar (the links I see on the left: "MyOVH", "Web", "Dedicated", "Cloud", "Telecom", "Sunrise", "Old customer interface"), and if he goes to "My Account" he doesn't see any "Manage contacts" tab.
I can see such tab, but it's useless since the VPS belongs to his account.

How can he set me as administrator for the VPS?
Why is the portal he's seeing so different from the one I see?

By the way, I'm having some other issues with the OVH portal, and created another thread for those.