We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How to mount a new disk on OVH 2016 Cloud VPS

24x7servermanagement
2016-06-23, 02:11 AM
There is no need to put the system in rescue mode for mounting the additional disk as secondary home. Simply attach the drive and using the fdisk command to create a new partition , format and then mount it as /home2 or whatever you like.

smallbiz
2016-06-22, 06:02 PM
I'm running a VPS 2016 Cloud instance, and I'm planning on buying an additional disk for the VPS. The VPS is running CentOS and cPanel.

OVH tech tells me that I need to mount the new drive in Rescue mode. They also pointed me to this reference in order to mount the drive: http://docs.ovh.ca/en/guides-ovh-res...ounting-disk-s

I have moderate technical skills, but I'm not really clear on what exactly I need to do to make sure that the additional disk will be usable by cPanel as an additional space to host cPanel accounts.

Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on exactly what I need to do to bring the new disk online? I've searched Google, YouTube, and OVH docs, and there's not much out there that clearly explains what needs to be done.