We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Portforwarding - Windows Server 2012 R2

Aalastic
2016-05-13, 05:37 AM
Make sure you're actually forwarding the correct internal IP. Sometimes that can change periodically as new devices connect and you disconnect older ones.

stevena
2016-05-11, 08:48 PM
If you have the firewall disabled, then anyone should be able to connect through those ports. You mention that you are able to connect from your home network, if that is the case then maybe your users are doing something wrong.

I have a Windows 2012 R2 server running and I have the Windows firewall blocking the majority of ports except for only the ones that need public access. If I disable the Firewall, all ports will be open.

Kishnum
2016-05-08, 06:11 AM
I am attempting to create a series of dedicated servers for various games for a community but I am having some slight issues. The server itself is running Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard as the OS.

I require port UDP 27016 and UDP 2302 to be open yet I just can't seem to open them up so other people can establish connection to the dedicated hosting applications. I can connect just fine, and any computer on my home network can establish connection just fine but for anyone else they don't even exist.

I've added the exceptions to the Firewall as described, and even entirely disabled the Firewall yet it had no effect.

I am fairly sure the issue is me doing something incorrect yet I've been unable to find any information pointing me in the correct direction. If anyone could point me towards a guide or have any assistance to provide, then I would be most appreciative.