We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Server inaccessible - Windows 2012

stevena
2016-05-03, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

WebHostingNeeds
2016-05-03, 12:35 AM
In OVH manager, boot set to HDD ? Do a reboot while you connected to KVM and see what is happening.

stevena
2016-05-02, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.

I connected using KVM but got what seems to be a Linux command line interface.

I am pretty sure that my Windows server is up and running normally with the exception of inaccessible network card.

Is it possible for me to connect via KVM and log into the server? I looked for documentation on this subject and could not find anything. If I were able to get to my GUI, I would be able to solve the NIC issue.

Bubka3
2016-05-02, 06:53 AM
You can probably get a KVM hooked up and fix it.

stevena
2016-05-02, 02:46 AM
I was setting up Hyper-V and I modified a network setting from within the Hyper-V interface. I immediately lost network connectivity and could no longer ping or access any part of the server.

I used the WinRescue boot option from OVH console and logged into the server using VNC. I was able to transfer all of my files over to the OVH backup server.

Since I don't have access to my OS instance, I would like to know if there is some file that I can edit using a text editor or some other means to fix the network settings so that I can reboot the server and log in via the Windows 2012 OS.

I suspect that I may have to reformat but I am hoping that this is not the case.

Thank you