We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

OpenVZ

smrtalex
2016-04-29, 02:35 PM
Quote Originally Posted by 24x7servermanagement
Did that worked for you ? Or better try to use KVM virtualization.
Was doing some testing on a server with OpenVZ before taking it live with Centos.

I will be trying it on my next server setup and will let you know.

Thanks!

24x7servermanagement
2016-04-28, 02:52 AM
Did that worked for you ? Or better try to use KVM virtualization.

WebHostingNeeds
2016-04-27, 01:23 PM
Try running

Code:
udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=net
Or

Code:
/lib/udev/write_net_rules all_interfaces

smrtalex
2016-04-21, 10:23 AM
Quote Originally Posted by 24x7servermanagement
I think it has more to do with the MAC address binding , Simply try to remove the persistent rule and reboot,when the server reboots, these persistent-net.rules will be regenerated again on boot with the new mac addresses. Or consider using KVM virtualization.
Thanks! I tried that and the persistent-net.rules was not regenerated on the reboot.

24x7servermanagement
2016-04-21, 03:39 AM
I think it has more to do with the MAC address binding , Simply try to remove the persistent rule and reboot,when the server reboots, these persistent-net.rules will be regenerated again on boot with the new mac addresses. Or consider using KVM virtualization.

smrtalex
2016-04-21, 01:08 AM
Quote Originally Posted by WebHostingNeeds
I think problem is with OVH new hardware, the new network cards used in OVH servers are not supported by CentOS 6 default kernel (it maybe same with OpenVZ).

Is there any reason you need OpenVZ ? OVH proxmox image works great. Since it is KVM Virtualization, you can even run Windows if required, also work well with docker (one of the reason i moved from OpenVZ to KVM based VM).
I have not tried Proxmox. Currently have an OpenVZ environment that we are comfortable with. Might need to give Proxmox a look.

I think you may be right on the hardware support. Wondering if anyone has a work around with getting the default kernel installed?!?!?

WebHostingNeeds
2016-04-21, 12:45 AM
I think problem is with OVH new hardware, the new network cards used in OVH servers are not supported by CentOS 6 default kernel (it maybe same with OpenVZ).

Is there any reason you need OpenVZ ? OVH proxmox image works great. Since it is KVM Virtualization, you can even run Windows if required, also work well with docker (one of the reason i moved from OpenVZ to KVM based VM).

smrtalex
2016-04-20, 04:01 PM
If I try to reinstall the OS using the stock kernel, I get the following error:

An error occurred while requesting to install the distribution CentOS 6.7 - centos6 on the server nsxxxxx.ip-xx-56-20.net with the language EN (This server must be installed with OVH custom Linux kernel)

smrtalex
2016-04-20, 10:38 AM
I am trying to install OpenVZ on a dedicated server.

I installed the OVH template Centos 6 64Bit OS.

I then followed the instructions here:

https://www.howtoforge.com/installin...-on-centos-6.0

It completes the install without issue.

When I reboot, I can only access the server via console.

eth0 is not coming up and gives the following error:

"Device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization"

#service network restart does not bring it up.

venet0 is up and running.

Any suggestions on how I can get OpenVZ installed on the server?

Thanks!