We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Windows Server 2008 R2 Cannot Load Desktop; only displaying blank blue background

scsa20
2016-04-22, 10:51 AM
First off, this is the wrong section since what you have is a dedicated server, not a VPS but that's all good.

Second, Kimsufi doesn't support full Windows install (it's very possible to get Windows installed through other means such as using the recovery mode and doing a 1 to 1 image to the disk).

What Kimsufi does support, in terms of Windows, is the Hyper-V server which is what you're seeing. It's basically setting up Virtual Machines on that server for what you want to do. Sadly it's going to be all command prompt based. Usually for a Hyper-V server, though, you'd put it on an existing domain then use the provided management console tools to connect to the Hyper-V server to set up the Virtual Machines.

If you're looking to install a full version of Windows Server, then the install template sets that Kimsufi isn't going to be any help to you since, like I said, they don't support it, but if you do a google search you'll find a bit of tutorials about how to get one installed by creating your own image (using a virtual machine to create the image) and then applying that image to the disk in the server through the recovery mode (it provides you with the proper commands and everything to get it done).

rayx266
2016-04-16, 01:27 PM
I did not see my first post, so I am trying to post again. Moderator please delete the previous one if redundant found.

So after purchasing a KS-3C, I installed the Windows Server 2008 R2. But after connecting through Remote Desktop Connection, all I can see is only a blank blue screen with a Command Line window and a sconfig.cmd window with 12 options. Nowhere can I bring up the Windows Desktop. The explorer.exe cannot run through the with "New Task" in Task Manager brought up by Ctrl+Alt+End, saying "Windows cannot find explorer."

Can any one help please?