We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

IRC Server in VPS

scsa20
2016-03-21, 12:57 PM
I believe they're referring ti IRC bouncers like ZNC or as a way to remotely connect to a IRC server and not running an IRC server itself.

As long as you're not doing anything illegal such as providing stolen ID/credit card numbers or connecting to other servers for abusing people then you're fine to run an IRC server.

jackflash
2016-03-18, 08:49 AM
Dear, I wonder if you can install an IRC server on a VPS SSD or VPS CLOUD, I mean the legal possibility if not violate any terms or conditions of service, the following link is a standard that specifies, but the truth is that the text is quite confusing.

SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ON THE RENTAL OF A DEDICATED SERVER

7.5 For security reasons, OVH can proceed with the immediate suspension (without notice) of any server on which
would be offered paid or free public proxies, such as IRC, VPN, TOR for which OVH have knowledge of misuse,
fraudulent or unlawful use.

But in Spanish says something different

CONDICIONES PARTICULARES DEL SERVIDOR PRIVADO VIRTUAL

[B] Failure to comply with this clause is likely to cause the suspension of the Private Server
Virtual and / or cancellation of this Agreement. [/ B]

7.7. Customer acknowledges that, for security reasons, certain features and protocols (such as IRC or file sharing peer to peer) are likely to be subject to limitations from the Service. It is prohibited from performing Virtual Private Server services anonymous connection through proxy card and sharing (CCcam or equivalent).

Says that IRC is likely to be subject to limitations from service, does not specify nor limitations, nor service.

But I know my acquaintances have IRC server environment hosted in OVH . But before my doubts I prefer to clarify and concluded the contract of my vps, waiting for a prompt response to perform a contract. Greetings!