We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How do I add a domain to a VPS?

scsa20
2016-02-24, 12:53 PM
Are you using a control panel or straight up console? Do you have multiple domains? What Linux flavor are you using (or are you using a Windows Server)? This kind of information would be helpful to point you in the right direction.

If you're not using a control panel (like cPanel or Plesk) and you only have 1 domain, be best to set up your virtual host for that one domain, log into your domain's registrar's console, set the name server back to default so it uses it's own name server and change the A record to point to your server's IP address and just do whatever DNS you need done on your domain registrar's console.

But with the limited information you've provided is kinda hard to give you exact info for how to do it.

Venis123
2016-02-24, 05:40 AM
I recently purchased a vps from OVH.
My domain is purchased from another registrar, I can only change the nameservers for the domain from the registrar's console.

How do I make my domain to point to the vps hosted on OVH? I've also created a DNS Zone and got the following nameservers:
dns18.ovh.net
ns18.ovh.net