We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

VPS - Private Beta available now

Phil @ OVH
2014-04-07, 08:46 AM
Hello,

Elochai: I'm sorry you're experiencing such frustration with your beta code. It seems even when we try to give things away, we can't please everyone.

As far as your last post, Elochai, I looked over your support thread for the issue. You asked why the code couldn't be used to give you a free month on your current VPS, and the support team member replied "good question, I am transferring it to the billing team". No one said billing would put a free month on your VPS

Unfortunately, when we looked into it, as I explained later in your support thread, those promo codes are really only programmed to give an initial free month. They can't be used to extend your service.

One thing you could do, however, would be to use that promo code to order a new VPS for a free month when your current VPS is almost expired and transfer your settings over.

ShaiyaHaven: It's unusual that you can't use your promo code to order. Are you sure you entered it correctly? Did you post it in any forums? I'm asking because if you posted it publicly, it's very possible that someone else used it.

Regards,

Elochai
2014-04-01, 05:03 PM
Quote Originally Posted by ShaiyaHaven
Lucky, I was told in my email correspondence:

If someone could indeed help me out, I'd appreciate it greatly, as I (hopefully understandably) am not at all happy about getting a "Here's your code" response, only to be told "Oh sorry, that offered expired before we even sent that email". This is my first experience with this company, and I was genuinely excited to get to try their service for a month and assist in the Beta... and that excitement has turned to resentment after the way I've been treated.

Someone please make it right. I want to love you OVH, I really do.
Yeah they're jerking me around as well.

Sent me the code after I had signed up. When I asked to get the free month added on, they told me I had to reorder.

I explained that was dumb as I only had the server for a few hours and it be stupid to make me order another VPS when I can just cancel the one I got and then reorder.

They then told me im right and said they will let billing handle putting the free month onto my VPS, that I will get an email from billing support by 9AM tomorrow (Which is today). Billing never contacted me, I sent another email/ticket to them and they assured me that billing would contact me today. It now 5 PM and billing support hasn't contacted me at all.

That is ridicules !!!!!

ShaiyaHaven
2014-04-01, 10:48 AM
Lucky, I was told in my email correspondence:

We're sorry for the confusion, we understand that you are disappointed about your participation in the beta and we apologize that you received the code late however you shouldn't be able to use the code anymore. If you are interested in getting a VPS, you can now order them as they are now available.
If someone could indeed help me out, I'd appreciate it greatly, as I (hopefully understandably) am not at all happy about getting a "Here's your code" response, only to be told "Oh sorry, that offered expired before we even sent that email". This is my first experience with this company, and I was genuinely excited to get to try their service for a month and assist in the Beta... and that excitement has turned to resentment after the way I've been treated.

Someone please make it right. I want to love you OVH, I really do.

NoDrama
2014-04-01, 10:19 AM
Yea Mine worked As promo code this morning.

Just wait for an admin im pretty sure they can help ya

ShaiyaHaven
2014-03-31, 10:18 PM
This was posted at 7:17 am... I received a Beta code at 12:02 pm. I cannot find anywhere to put the Beta code on the order page, and it does not accept it as a Promo code. Does this mean that even though I requested a code days ago, I'm out of luck because OVH didn't send me one until after the offer was over? If so, I find that extremely disappointing, and not a very good first impression.

I've wanted to switch to OVH for a while, but there's no point unless the DDoS protection is as good as advertised, and of course I was enthusiastic about the chance to evaluate for one month free. Please let me know if there is any way to use the code I waited for excitedly for two days. I'll appreciate any help in the matter.

Thank you.

Edit: I got in touch through email and was told I can use it via "Promo code" on the order page, but I tried it a few times on a few different variations of VPS, and every time I got "1 Error This promotion code is not valid". Has anyone had any luck in using a Beta key now that the Beta order page is down? Thanks again.

tarik
2014-03-31, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone ,

OVH VPS beta phase has now ended. However, all who have requested a beta code before the deadline (Sun March 30 23:59 EST) will still be able to use it and get one month free.

The past week proved extremely helpful to us in evaluating our new VPS offrer and we thank you again for participating.

Regards.

Tarik..

tarik
2014-03-31, 10:16 AM
Hi there,

You should have received en email with you beta code.

Regards.

Tarik.

Rodgerwilco
2014-03-30, 05:24 PM
Hey there,

Called up your company and talked to a representative who really didn't know anything and failed to answer two questions. I am in need to order a vps in the cloud ASAP but currently they are in beta so I am unable to purchase. I have not yet received a beta key via email. I did send in my request.

What is it going to take to get a hold of a beta key?

How long are the servers going to be in beta?

What can we do to expedite my requests. I need to get back online - switching providers and I came across this company. I don't really care for the one free month deal with the beta. I just want to hurry up and purchase it so I can move forward!

Let me know,
Thanks!

Zemra
2014-03-30, 04:12 AM
An error occurred on requesting to add IP(s). (This option is not orderable for this service)
vps21188.vps.ovh.ca
VPS 2014 Cloud 2

Rodgerwilco
2014-03-30, 03:37 AM
Sent off an email, looking for that code! I would like to purchase a cloud vps ASAP.

mahou
2014-03-29, 08:23 PM
Hi i just sent an beta request . waiting for ovh beta reply

tarik
2014-03-29, 08:00 PM
Hi,

Your vps has been rebooted and should be up now.

Regards.

Tarik.

hostingmanager
2014-03-29, 02:12 PM
Hello, my vps went down. Could you please help me with this. Thank you

BenIO
2014-03-29, 11:48 AM
I have also sent email for beta test. Looking forward thanks.

NonPlayingCharacter
2014-03-27, 10:14 PM
Quote Originally Posted by cyberkiller
VPS doesn't show in control panel, no options available.
It took my VPS about a day before it showed up in the manager, just give it some time

cyberkiller
2014-03-27, 09:17 PM
VPS doesn't show in control panel, no options available.

rgaming
2014-03-27, 08:14 PM
hi i just apply for this beta i hope i can get one access code to test the vps currently im looking for a new hosting for my game server i hope i can get access code thanks more power OVH

Francis @ OVH
2014-03-27, 05:02 AM
Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf
I am seeing this issue also, I already had an account though, I don't see it in my manager v5 or v6. Hopefully this is just a small code issue and nothing too serious :-)

Also, question - when will there be availability in other locations other than BHS, as offered in the EU market? I remember looking at them awhile back and seeing them available in locations like Chicago, but looks like they are no longer available there, will there ever be availability in another city/country besides the OVH datacenters?
You should normally see your VPS in your Manager v6. We will resolve this issue as soon as possible.

We will start by having our VPS only available in our BHS Data Center however we do have plan to offer them at other location. We will keep you updated as soon as we have more information to provide you.

Regards,
Francis

whitewolf
2014-03-26, 09:48 PM
Quote Originally Posted by halbesma
I created my account after ordering the beta vps with my code but my account had to be verified. I emailed the requested IDs to support but haven't heard anything back and the vps doesn't show in my account.
I am seeing this issue also, I already had an account though, I don't see it in my manager v5 or v6. Hopefully this is just a small code issue and nothing too serious :-)

Also, question - when will there be availability in other locations other than BHS, as offered in the EU market? I remember looking at them awhile back and seeing them available in locations like Chicago, but looks like they are no longer available there, will there ever be availability in another city/country besides the OVH datacenters?

tarik
2014-03-26, 09:09 PM
Hi there. There seems to be an issue with the manager indeed. I've got one of our guys looking at it asap.

Regards,
Tarik.

halbesma
2014-03-26, 07:35 PM
I created my account after ordering the beta vps with my code but my account had to be verified. I emailed the requested IDs to support but haven't heard anything back and the vps doesn't show in my account.

Shmee
2014-03-26, 04:48 PM
Tarik,

The vps has been provisioned, but I can only see my dedicated server in the v6 manageer.

http://i.imgur.com/VdbnrDh.png

tarik
2014-03-26, 03:54 PM
Hi,

In the manager, when you select the reverse you want to change, the domain must not be empty, ex: server.domain.com

Also, you'll need to have server.domain.com already pointing to your IP or the system won't allow you to change it.

Regards.

Tarik.

Zemra
2014-03-25, 09:33 PM
I was trying to modify the reverse dns and I get this error:

An error occurred on updating the reverse (Got an invalid (or empty) URL)

tarik
2014-03-25, 01:45 PM
Hi,

You can configure your VPS from the new manager v6 here https://ca.ovh.com/manager/login.html

Regards.

Tarik

Yikmings
2014-03-25, 01:00 PM
Hi,

Just get the VPS. Btw how to config the vps via web control panel. Or beta does not this function yet? Thanks.

tarik
2014-03-24, 03:00 PM
Hello eveyone !

We are very excited to announce to our north american customers that starting from today and for only one week we begin taking applicants for OVH.com VPS Private Beta.

If you are interested , you can send us your request at betavps@ovh.us. This code will allow you to order one free month on the VPS server of your choice (excluding options) here.

Orders will be soon open to everyone.
You can find all the details and pricing about this offering here http://www.ovh.com/ca/en/vps

Please take note that during the beta phase the support will only be available through the VPS section of this forum.

Regards.

Tarik.