We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I want to setup a private LAN between my servers

ideaspace
2016-02-15, 05:54 PM
Hi James

The issue resolved :-)

The guide for setup the vrack only mentioned vrack config, not the server itself. My problem was due to setting the gateway for eth3, now I removed it and the issue is resolved.

Thanks for your consideration.

James @ OVH
2016-02-15, 10:36 AM
Hello,

Thanks for posting,

The OVH account displayed in your forum account does not seem to be the correct NIC Handle, so I did not get to see the machines you currently have.
It is important to know that not all servers are compatible with the Vrack. If you are using Enterprise dedicated servers this is the issue.

Here is the guide for adding servers to the Vrack : http://docs.ovh.ca/en/products-vrack...dicated-server

Please let me know if you have any other questions, if you do need to upgrade just reply with your OVH Nic Handle and I'll be happy to contact you and get you upgraded to servers that are compatible with the Vrack.

Thank you,

James @ OVH

ideaspace
2016-02-15, 12:26 AM
Hi

I have two dedicated servers, supporting vrack v 1.5. Both servers run CentOS 6.7. I want to use one of them as a web server, and the other one as a MySQL database server only.

I already created a vrack in my control panel, but I do not know what should I do for the next step. I tried to define a new interface as eth3, with the following config in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth3:

HTML Code:
DEVICE=eth3
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.1.10
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
Try to restart the network service, all of a sudden I lost the connection to my server, and received an alert that my server was not responding so OVH rebooted it in secure mode.

How can I define a private network between my machines? I want these servers only communicate via private interface, not over the internet. Can someone send me a config file, and instruction to setup my private network?