We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Can't connect to my VPS by Remote connection

James @ OVH
2016-02-10, 12:57 PM
Hello Kentir,

Your OVH account does not seem to be linked to your forum account.
You have to make sure that the desktop version of Ubuntu is installed in order to connect using VNC or x2go etc..

If you are using a VPS SSD model then GUIs are not compatible, you would need to use a VPS Cloud instead.
I would suggest contacting our support by either phone or ticket and they will be able to take a look and explain the next steps.

If you have any more questions please let me know, I'll be happy to help.

Thank you,

James @ OVH
+1 855 684 5463

Kentir
2016-02-09, 04:25 PM
Do I need to install VNC on PC or on VPS?

Kentir
2016-02-09, 02:23 PM
Linux Ubuntu 15.10

scsa20
2016-02-09, 02:20 PM
First off, we need to know what flavor of Linux/Unix you choose to install

Second of all, most of the Linux/Unix flavors generally do not come with a graphical user interface (aka GUI) nor with remote access. You can use the KVM option within OVH control panel if you choose to install, say, Ubuntu Desktop and will have the GUI but for remote access to work you'll need to install something like VNC server. The steps will be slightly different depending on the flavor you have installed.

Kentir
2016-02-09, 02:02 PM
I have tried to use like 3 programs that basically like remote connects you but none of them worked.

I get errors like make sure the desktop is connected to the network & remote connection is open.

But I tried to use PuTTY and it works, but since PuTTY is a console I don't know what to do there.

Could someone please help me, apart from asking to the support, that I already did and haven't got an answer?