We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Upgrade VPS Cloud 2Gb to 4 GB

James @ OVH
2016-02-12, 03:58 PM
Hi Steve,

In this case you would need to resize the hard disk, the RAM and CPU should be allocated automatically.

Thanks!

James @ OVH

stevejohnson
2016-02-12, 03:51 PM
Hello,
Thank you for the quick reply. I am using the Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS. Would you say i need to resize it?
Thanks

James @ OVH
2016-02-12, 03:47 PM
Hi Steve,

Most OSs will not automatically resize the partition or allocate the new Hard Disk space. That being said, here are some commands that you can use, while in rescue mode, to resize your partitions;

fdisk -l (To see the name of your disk).
df -h (To see on which partitions are your disk mounted on)
resize2fs "name of your partition"

If you are running Windows you may simply do this from Windows Disk Management Tool.

For any other questions or concerns, please let me know

Feel free to contact us through a support ticket or through our toll-free line at 1-855-684-5463.

Thanks!

James @ OVH

stevejohnson
2016-02-12, 03:28 PM
Thank you for the reply James. I'm quite sure that the phone agent mentioned something about "unmounting" to free the allocated space. Are you sure that is not required, and just the "upgrade" button will do the job?

James @ OVH
2016-02-05, 10:18 AM
Hello Steve,

Our upgrade process is actually very simple as well. I'll be happy to explain.

From your OVH Control panel select the VPS tab on the left.
On the ride hand side you can select "upgrade"
You can now select which model you would like to upgrade towards.

Once you finished making your payment the resources will be allocated to your server.

I hope this helps answer your question, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

James @ OVH

stevejohnson
2016-02-04, 12:09 PM
Hello,

I am currently using the OVH Cloud VPS 2GB. and i'd like to upgrade to 4 GB. I have previously been a customer of DigitalOcean and Linode (i love both of them), and their upgrade process is quite simple.

On speaking with one of the OVH reps, i was told that i need to perform some kind of an "unmount". I'm not sure about this process.
Could someone direct me to a tutorial or guidelines, where i can upgrade my OVH VPS?

Thanks.