We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Windows 2012 R2 - use your own license?

stevena
2016-02-02, 10:43 AM
Thanks again!

James @ OVH
2016-02-02, 10:39 AM
Hello Stevena,

I'll be happy to answer your questions.

1) You may add your own license using the OVH Control Panel. Once logged in you can simply select the License tab on the left, then click the "Add an SPLA License" Button. Once the license has been added you will be able to select Windows 2012 R2 Essentials from the OVH templates during your installation. OVH also offers KVM/IPMI access to upload your own ISOs if needed.

2) You should have no issues adding the trial license and then installing from one of our templates.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

You can also contact our Sales team Sales@OVH.ca for any questions you have.

Thank you and have a great day!

James @ OVH

stevena
2016-02-01, 08:38 PM
I see that OVH offers distributions for Windows 2012 R2 at a monthly cost.

1) I would like to purchase my own license (Windows 2012 R2 Essentials for $501). If I supply my own purchased license, can I use OVH's distribution or do I have to somehow figure out how to install it myself?

2) Since I have not yet purchased a license, is it possible to use a 180 day evaluation key given to me from Microsoft?

In either case, I would like to avoid having to do a headless install Windows myself.

I am interested in the SP-32 Enterprise server.

Thank you