We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Virtual Private Server - Newbie

nkubitu
2016-02-04, 04:43 AM
hi, i want to do call termination business my carrier as requested i acquire VPS SSD 3. on regestration page 1 bottom it has this option (VPS Cloud options ) what does it mean and do i need to select it?

scsa20
2016-01-29, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking for since I don't see a question in there, just a comment, but if you're looking for a server that will be able to do all that then I would suggest getting a dedicated server instead of a VPS, and get one that is of higher end because if you're planning on running exchange (which is a resource hog) and run specialized software then you'll need as much resources as you can get. Breaking a dedicated server down into different virtual machines so they have their own mini resources is also a good ideal (assign one virtual machine enough resources for the 3Ds software, assign another virtual machine for your exchange, etc).

ilyab
2016-01-29, 12:29 AM
Hello,

I am working for a small company(15ppl) and we are all working in different locations(countries) and need a centralized server to run 3DS software on.( www.3ds.com) it requires windows 2012, oracle, (via vpn i suppose) 2 Cores, 6GB RAM and 100-200GB of space. We are also shopping for centralized space to share files, and possibly run exchange as well.
I am just starting to do research, so sorry for such a wide question.

Thank you,
ILya