We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

What?

HTMLtag
2016-01-20, 01:27 PM
There are many guides out there.
Nearly every Linux server supports java if you install it.
I am personally a fan of Debian, many others like Ubuntu, which is like Debian (it's forked from it), or CentOS which is forked from RedHat.

Doing a quick google server for "linux minecraft server guide" brings up many things.
This one from minecraftforum looks decent for beginners, it could be out dated though.
Code:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/server-support/server-administration/1933248-lukes-dedicated-server-set-up-guide-for-minecraft
You may want to check out some youtube videos.

DalTransKnightXadrez
2016-01-20, 12:46 PM
7 or 8. For minecraft server, which of the options LINUX me instal to be able to use java?
And also where I can learn about the LINUX commands?

HTMLtag
2016-01-20, 12:42 PM
Debian is a distrobution of Linux that by default only comes with free and open-source software.

All SPLA licenses have a cost, whether you license them through OVH or a third party.

In general you can't have Hyper-V run Java in the way you want. Installing a Windows or Linux virtual in it can, but you still would need a Windows license for the Windows VM.

The only way to really legally run java without paying extra is with a Linux Distro. There is a learning curve if you're not familiar with it or command line.

What java app are you trying to run?

DalTransKnightXadrez
2016-01-20, 12:18 PM
What would that Debian vMs?

Would you show me where I caught the SPLA license?

And it's how to make it work in java Hyper-V without having to pay?

HTMLtag
2016-01-20, 11:59 AM
Windows Hyper-V Server is only for running virtual machines off of.
It does not have a shell that, by default, supports running typical Windows apps.
(There are some hacks you can do to add shells, but most are for managing the virtual machines with a gui)

If you need Windows you need to pay or supply a Windows SPLA to install Windows on bare metal.
(Technically you can install a virtualization product (Hyper-V, Proxmox, VMWare, Xen) and handle the license yourself)

Most linux distros support Java (Oracle/Sun or OpenJDK).
I use Java all the time on my Debian vMs.

DalTransKnightXadrez
2016-01-20, 09:58 AM
Hello, I use the Operating System Windows Hyper-V Server 2012 R2, but I found out he makes a program that I need not work much the (java). So could you tell me an operating system that runs the (java)?

Help?