We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm New

Phil @ OVH
2016-01-19, 07:55 AM
Hello,

Hyper-V is not a standalone OS, it is intended for virtualization only. It does not have a desktop, it is command-line only. If you wish to install a full version of Windows with a GUI, you would need a Microsoft SPLA licence first.

If you already have one, you can go into the Licences section of the OVH Manager and click Add an SPLA licence.

If not, you can also purchase a Windows license in the Licences section of the OVH Manager.

Once you have a license on the server, you will have the option of installing the associated version of Windows in your OVH installation templates, and then you will be able to connect via remote desktop.

Regards,
Phil

WebHostingNeeds
2016-01-19, 02:13 AM
Quote Originally Posted by ePURGE
I Might aswell jump on this thread as its the same for me

I have the server setup and windows license paid for - how do i actually access the box .
Did you installed windows ?

By default no OS will be installed on your server. You need to login to OVH, install OS of your choice. If you have paid for windows, you will see Windows in list of OS available for you to install.

Once Windows installed, you can connect to server with Remote Desktop, user will be "root", password you select during install.

Phil @ OVH
2016-01-18, 02:08 PM
Hello,

If you are using Windows on the server and it is installed, you should be able to open your Windows Remote Desktop tool from your computer, enter the IP or server name and your login credentials, and you'll have access to the desktop.

Regards,
Phil C.

ePURGE
2016-01-17, 08:00 AM
I Might aswell jump on this thread as its the same for me

I have the server setup and windows license paid for - how do i actually access the box .

Oman Ghost
2016-01-16, 10:39 AM
Hi,

What exactly you want to know about it?

DalTransKnightXadrez
2016-01-15, 03:35 PM
Hello, I am new to dedicated, as I do so I spend my server to the dedicated HOST-64L? I got will never have a devoted, if you have any tutorial or something to help me?