We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

OVH Exchange SPF records

trendless
2016-04-13, 06:06 PM
Quote Originally Posted by spfanswer123
v=spf1 ptr:mail-out.ovh.ca -all

No, this isn't documented anywhere. I worked it out myself...

Good luck...
That might have just done it... I'm gonna test using mail-tester.com, but here's hoping. Thank you very much!

spfanswer123
2016-03-25, 02:50 PM
v=spf1 ptr:mail-out.ovh.ca -all

No, this isn't documented anywhere. I worked it out myself...

Good luck...

trendless
2016-02-22, 02:57 PM
scsa20, the problem is that the Exchange 2013 product uses many different servers to send mail and they appear to constantly be changing or there's a huge number of them -- I've currently got five or six of them individually added to the SPF record that I've found just by watching the message headers, but there appear to be many more.

As I mentioned in my OG post, I have contacted support repeatedly over the past year and no one that I've talked to even knows what SPF means, never mind whether there's a smarthost or whatever that keeps track of all the Canadian OVH Exchange mail servers (vis a vis Google's "_spf.google.com" record).

I've never had an issue with SPF/DKIM on my many Google for Work and Office 365 setups, but that's because the company provides a record name, which OVH does not (for the hosted Exchange products). Hence, my post here, as a last ditch effort to try and raise a solution from them.

scsa20
2016-02-22, 02:50 PM
Other then telling you to make sure to include the MX as part of the spf record (for example: v=spf1 +a +mx ~all), the only other thing I can suggest is read the help documentation (http://docs.ovh.ca/en/products-excha...re-server.html) again or to email OVH for support.

trendless
2016-02-22, 01:33 PM
scsa20, that's for OVH shared servers, aka regular web hosting. It is also relevant to their European hosting and I'm using the Montreal datacentre (BHS). I did try it just in case, and sure enough it didn't authenticate messages.

scsa20
2016-02-22, 01:26 PM
Based off of this page https://www.ovh.com/fr/g2028.mutualise_le_champ_spf (page is in French), the SPF record is:

Code:
v=spf1 include:mx.ovh.com ~all

trendless
2016-02-22, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Think7;10867]( I'm assuming you've set up your own exchange server. )

Nope: https://www.ovh.com/ca/en/emails/hosted-exchange/

Think7
2016-02-22, 05:14 AM
Quote Originally Posted by trendless
G'day folks,

Email from OVH Exchange 2013 has, right from the start, ended up in a lot of recipients' spam/junk folders. Presumably this is because in order to be marked as safe these days, one must have an active and accurate SPF record setup at the domain host. Unfortunately, OVH doesn't provide the necessary hostnames/IPs of the sending servers, without which an accurate SPF record cannot be created. I've asked about this via support channels several times, and nobody seems to understand the situation. OVH Exchange customers NEED some solution to this issue, or we're gonna go look for email hosting elsewhere -- having messages end up in spam folders because OVH doesn't provide necessary info is inexcusable.

Might there be some resolution to this issue forthcoming?
( I'm assuming you've set up your own exchange server. )

It looks like you can set reverse DNS in the control panel.
Login to OVH CP > Select IP on the left > click the gear on the right > "Modify the reverse"

You might also consider a hosted service like Barracuda ESS to act as a smart host / proxy for your mail.

trendless
2016-01-13, 05:27 PM
G'day folks,

Email from OVH Exchange 2013 has, right from the start, ended up in a lot of recipients' spam/junk folders. Presumably this is because in order to be marked as safe these days, one must have an active and accurate SPF record setup at the domain host. Unfortunately, OVH doesn't provide the necessary hostnames/IPs of the sending servers, without which an accurate SPF record cannot be created. I've asked about this via support channels several times, and nobody seems to understand the situation. OVH Exchange customers NEED some solution to this issue, or we're gonna go look for email hosting elsewhere -- having messages end up in spam folders because OVH doesn't provide necessary info is inexcusable.

Might there be some resolution to this issue forthcoming?