We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Large WordPress site hosting

cyfocus
2016-06-04, 10:19 PM
I suggest to use the VPS cloud. I had the same size wordpress site and ovh cloud is pretty fast.

24x7servermanagement
2016-05-24, 03:42 AM
A good dedicated server will be an ideal choice. However along with good hardware you will also need to install and configure Nginx web server to improve the performance. Have you selected any server as of yet ?

suhvo
2016-02-29, 03:18 PM
Prioritizing your site’s requirements will help you decide which level of server to purchase. You may choose to start with a economic hosting package initially. However, as your traffic grows and your site becomes more successful, you will want to consider moving up to a more professional VPS or dedicated hosting package to continue the success of your website. Bluehost Coupon Bluehost vs Godaddy vs Hostgator Cheap Monthly Web Hosting

Your WordPress site is not a complicated website and all dedicatded servers and VPS hosting plans can handle it. Since your needed disk space is 7GB, the most economic plan is VPS SSD 1 which is $3.49 /month. Later you can migirate to upper levels if it is needed.

To get more info and compare OVH VPS hosting plans, have a look at:
https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml

Hope this helps.

mjglenn
2016-01-12, 08:01 PM
I am not a current customer but am interested in hosting a large WordPress site with OVH. The site has about 7GB of web files, a 250MB MySQL database, and gets about 100,000 views a month. The site is too slow on our current host. We may also want to add additional WordPress sites but those would not be as large. What plan/service/solution (Cloud, VPS, dedicated, etc. ) would you recommended?