We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Win Server 2012 Password change before logging

scsa20
2016-01-05, 08:13 PM
Use the KVM option in the control panel and log into the server then and change the password from there (as I mention in the previous post about RDP or using the KVM). You can find KVM under the Advanced Mode

SHope
2016-01-05, 01:42 PM
Quote Originally Posted by scsa20
When you're signing in, you'll get that message, click on OK and you should be prompted to change the password at that point in time. This is not done through the OVH manager but through RDP or when using KVM when logging in the server for the first time.
When I click OK it does not proceed to password change, the window closes, leaving the original RDP window open. (Windows 10).

scsa20
2016-01-05, 11:58 AM
When you're signing in, you'll get that message, click on OK and you should be prompted to change the password at that point in time. This is not done through the OVH manager but through RDP or when using KVM when logging in the server for the first time.

SHope
2016-01-05, 11:13 AM
Using Remote Desktop Connection to login to my new Win 2012 server for the first time is displaying the following message:

"You must change your password before logging in for the first time...."

I looked in the forums etc, I do not have a password change/reset button on the respective VPS page in the OVH manager, (in simple or advanced mode). How do I change the password without using remote desktop?