We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How can I get more ram? SSD VPS

davidt
2015-12-24, 04:44 PM
Quote Originally Posted by scsa20
Easy, you can't, you're limited to what they have to offer. If you want more RAM then you're looking at a dedicated server level and not a VPS level. And you can't have 2 systems with the same IP address, it's simply not possible as it will cause a conflict. You can, however, get a load balancer that acts as your intermediary connection for your DNS where the load balancer looks to see which of the 2 servers has less load and routes accordingly.
You can use the public cloud, you have more options. Once you move your data you can simply import the IP address of your VPS to the public cloud instance

scsa20
2015-11-18, 10:26 AM
Easy, you can't, you're limited to what they have to offer. If you want more RAM then you're looking at a dedicated server level and not a VPS level. And you can't have 2 systems with the same IP address, it's simply not possible as it will cause a conflict. You can, however, get a load balancer that acts as your intermediary connection for your DNS where the load balancer looks to see which of the 2 servers has less load and routes accordingly.

thatgamerblue
2015-11-18, 08:49 AM
I'm currently on the 8GB ram ssd vps and i need around 12-16GB ram, how can I get this for my VPS? If I have to order two they MUST be the same IP so how can I accomplish this?