We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Manager Version 6 – Technology Preview available now!

Kevin Zheng
2014-02-12, 05:31 AM
My feature request list:

1. An custom server label: So I can rename my server to Web Server, Application Server, Mail Server, Development Server etc, instead of find them by default server server name.

2. Auto-Renew option: Default is Enabled, so I do not need to renew each server per month. And can manually disable the Auto-Renew once the server has been migrated.

3. Consolidate Billing: If the second feature not in the development plan, at least let me renew all server at once, instead of renew it one by one.

BTW: Where can I find my customer ID?

mgbhard
2014-02-06, 10:20 PM
Quote Originally Posted by js
This can be done from the login page. Which implies login in and out. Can you thinks of workflows where that would be an issue?
Sorry i missed it, i was used that there were a combo on the v5 login page. One thing that is missing regarding language is the posibility to change my "account language" (the language in wich you provide me with support), at least it's not on the edit account screen as in v5.

Thanks!

EDIT: on the MRT the unit is bps not really useful for big values, i think kbps or maybe mbps could be more useful

js
2014-02-06, 04:05 PM
Hi mgbhard,

You are correct, it is not feature complete yet for North American customers and some buttons are only there as placeholders.

We like to ear from our client and thank you for the time you took providing us feedback. I have a couple of awnsers. The rest of the items are work in progress!

Quote Originally Posted by mgbhard
There's an option to activate the firewall in a IP but no option to disable it

The options is there and working but will not show up while the firewall activation is running. It only shows up when the state of the firewall is green and activated. Incidently, the status of the firewall only gets updated when you logout / log back in. Im opening a defect.

The port range for firewall rules works now? Yesterday one member of your staff wrote that it was not available any more

That is correct, the UI of the manager does not reflect this change of the API yet. Trying to add a rule with a port range will result in an error.

Can't change the language of the UI

This can be done from the login page. Which implies login in and out. Can you thinks of workflows where that would be an issue?

mgbhard
2014-02-06, 11:18 AM
A few questions:
• How do we order IPs now?
• There's an option to activate the firewall in a IP but no option to disable it
• The port range for firewall rules works now? Yesterday one member of your staff wrote that it was not available any more
• Can't change the language of the UI
• No reinstall option
• IPMI inside the browser doesn't work, hangs loading
• IPMI via java shows an error: "Se ha producido un error al intentar conectar al módulo IPMI con un applet Java (An IPMI interface request access is already in progress)"
• No support options?
• Can't manage IPs (MAC, move between servers, etc)
• Can't turn monitoring off?
• No Renew option?
• No way to control the Antispam Option on IP & security?
• Would be nice to be able to set the mitigation profile from the manager instead of using the API

EDIT: I just re-read your post and now understand this is a preview, since Oles anounced this would be ready on 10 i thought this was the final version, never the less a lot of existing buttons don't work.

js
2014-02-06, 10:36 AM
It's been in the works for quite some time now but we finally reached a point were we can open the access to the new manager for our North American customers!

We have to keep in mind that this is an early release, a technology preview. It's not feature complet yet but it is pretty usable.

Give it a try at : https://ca.ovh.com/manager/login.html

As usual, feedback is more then welcome!