We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Now that the new VPS 2016 are out, what happens to the previous offerings (2014?)...

nleibert
2015-11-01, 12:02 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
Hello,

The 2016 line is far more stable. As someone on the support side of things, I can say that our volume of support requests for VPS have dropped significantly since the launch of the new line.

Regards,
Phil C.
I can certainly vouch for this...no offense to OVH but I would have never put anything production wise (or anything at all for that matter) on their old Classic VPS line because I experienced terrible performance and uptime compared to other providers.

I decided to give their new SSD VPS 2016 line a shot and WOW it's a night and day difference. The performance is absolutely AMAZING (we're talking really fast ssd disk speeds, 2k iops on ioping benches, etc) and I have had 100% uptime since I first purchased it 2 months or so ago. I was impressed enough to upgrade from the VPS 1 to VPS 2 and I have started moving over some important sites to it.

If you're still on the OVH Classic line...set aside a day to upgrade and just DO IT! You won't be disappointed, the 2016 line is fantastic.

voarsh
2015-11-01, 05:57 AM
Are you able to say how they dropped? Less downtime? Less performance issues?

Phil @ OVH
2015-10-31, 12:50 PM
Hello,

The 2016 line is far more stable. As someone on the support side of things, I can say that our volume of support requests for VPS have dropped significantly since the launch of the new line.

Regards,
Phil C.

voarsh
2015-10-30, 07:55 PM
Blargh.

I had a 2014, it was good enough. Pricing, specs have changed and I wish OVH still offered 2014....

Phil @ OVH
2015-10-23, 04:00 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately no, there is no way to upgrade an existing 2014 VPS directly to a 2016, as they are built on completely different infrastructures. If you order a new one, we will transfer the remaining balance of your existing VPS to the new one upon request.

Regards,
Phil C.

Dmnchild
2015-10-23, 07:13 AM
I did not see an option to upgrade my vps 2014 to the new lineup, is this doable?
At least for the lateral move, only upgrade options were available when I looked.

Phil @ OVH
2015-10-17, 06:17 PM
Hello,

That's correct. As ChristianL wrote, customers with 2014 VPS will be able to keep them. However, I should point out that the new line are more stable, and more powerful.

Regards,
Phil C.

ChristianL
2015-10-16, 07:02 PM
Who has them, if renewed, will keep them

Knight
2015-10-16, 05:39 PM
Hi!

Now that the VPS 2016 are out it seems that it's no longer possible to order the old offerings.

What happens to those of us who already have them, will we be forced to upgrade???

Thank you and have a nice day.

Nick