We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is OVH database server down?

scsa20
2015-10-05, 12:44 AM
I would recommend that you either Google the error (I googled wordpress error establishing a database connection wp-admin and it brought me back tons of resources to check) or ask in WordPress' support forums at https://wordpress.org/support/ since the issue you're experiencing has nothing to do with the hosting.

In terms of not being able to log into PHPMyAdmin depends on how you've configured your MySQL database and without much information gives us very little to work with (information such as what OS you're running, using any kind of control panels, etc) and in all honestly would be better off asking about it in MySQL support forums or whatever control panel support if you're using a control panel (control panel includes cPanel and Plesk and many many others that's out there).

thym0nk
2015-10-04, 06:04 PM
But I changed nothing, why an error suddenly just pop up?

Bubka3
2015-10-04, 05:58 PM
VPS services are self-managed. OVH has nothing to do with your database, or website for that matter. They simply provide the hardware.

I recommend you google your problem or find a qualified systems administrator to help you.

thym0nk
2015-10-04, 05:52 PM
I'm hosting my site using:
VPS SSD 1

Bubka3
2015-10-04, 05:48 PM
What service do you have with OVH? I don't remember them offering managed websites or databases.

thym0nk
2015-10-04, 05:46 PM
My site still works but when I try to go to mysite.com/wp-admin I get message:

HTML Code:
Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.
I tried going to /phpmyadmin/ but MySQL login doesn't work as well, anyone else having these issues?