We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Transferring Servers

Alexis
2015-12-30, 11:38 AM
@Phil,

Please clarify if this includes a waiver of the setup fee on a the new more expensive server?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
Hello,

I'm not sure where Bubka3 got his information, but we will gladly transfer the remaining balance of your existing server over to a new one, so long as the new server is of a greater value that the server you currently have. You simply need to order the new server and send us a message when you are done transferring the data over.

Regards,
Phil C.

Phil @ OVH
2015-10-15, 11:31 AM
Hello,

Generally speaking, yes that should be possible, so long as the OVH server is more expensive than the SoyouStart one.

Regards,
Phil C.

Spazmic
2015-10-15, 09:21 AM
I have a SyS server and am interested in an OVH one. I have 10 month left on my SyS server.

When you mean "higher tier", is it possible to transfer the remaining time of my SyS server to the OVH server I will buy and pay the difference? What I`m asking if its possible to do a pro rata from a SyS server to a OVH one.

Bubka3
2015-10-10, 07:49 PM
I meant migration. As in OVH will not move your data from one server to the new one.

Phil @ OVH
2015-10-06, 11:28 AM
Hello,

I'm not sure where Bubka3 got his information, but we will gladly transfer the remaining balance of your existing server over to a new one, so long as the new server is of a greater value that the server you currently have. You simply need to order the new server and send us a message when you are done transferring the data over.

Regards,
Phil C.

Bubka3
2015-10-02, 12:35 PM
No mitigation services are offered.

OVH recently removed setup fees, SYS still has them I think.

nsw448
2015-09-28, 08:21 PM
Does OVH/SYS offer any services if I was to transfer to a higher tier server? Also whats the policy on the payments, will I have to pay another installation fee?