We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Ports will not open.

countvalidus
2015-09-21, 04:43 PM
SO I upgraded from VPS Cloud 2 to 3 about 2 days ago. The moment I upgraded my service the current configuration of my 2012 R2 server stopped working correctly. The port that were previously forwarded using Cloud 2 were showing as blocked when using an external port checker on Cloud 3. My drive size also did not jump from 50 - 100GB as expected when the rest of the resources were properly allotted to me. I had to complete a full reinstall... 2 times before the HD increase worked (the drive was not expandable as explained by OVH support).

Anyway after talking with support they recommended I install linux and test. I have now tested opening a variety of ports, and completely disabling firewalls with Ubuntu 15, 14, and Windows 2012R2 without success. All ports that I try to open are showing as closed externally when things were perfect previously. I do not have the OVH firewall in use. At this point I have no choice but to ask OVH for some help on their end, which I a being refused. All of this started when the service was upgraded to Cloud 3 and the odd hard disk behaviour happened.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,