We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Network Connection Issue After I Changed IPv4 Settings

apeee
2015-08-08, 01:22 PM
I tried it yesterday. Didn't work! :-(

scsa20
2015-08-08, 12:56 PM
Use the following command to set the IP back to DHCP

Code:
netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp
Should help you get back in afterwords

apeee
2015-08-08, 04:29 AM
Hello,

I have been running Windows 2008 R2 for quite sometime now in OVH Server. I was able to connect through Remote Desktop Connection with a problem earlier.

Then, by mistake (to speed up the connection - I now know it was wrong) I went to control panel >> network adapter settings >> right click on network connection icon >> TCP/IPv4 >> Added IP address of server itself there, with mask gateway and subnet as the same IP. Now, I am unable to connect to server with RDP.

This is the screenshot of network settings taken on WinRescue --> http://s2.postimg.org/4qdhlzadl/netsh.jpg

Moreover, the server has now been started in WinResuce mode. I tried changing it to boot from harddrive but connection cannot be established. I believe I have to make some changes in network connection in WinRescue mode before I can netboot from hdd.

Can anyone, please help me on this. What should I do now. Will really appreciate your help.

Regards!