We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Question about the normal VPS (Not the cloud)

vectr0n
2015-08-04, 05:47 PM
Quote Originally Posted by forsaken
Whats different about the cloud? would i still be able to host on the cloud VPS aswell?
I would suggest doing a bit of research on OpenVZ and what it's limitation's are. When it comes to the VPS Cloud lineup it is hosted on VMware's ESXi HyperVisor software, and this has many more operating system options then OpenVZ. OVH has a very good partnership with VMware. I personally would always recommend the VPS Cloud lineup to people as it is way more flexible then OpenVZ as it has quite a few limitations. You can host the same things on both platforms, but as mentioned above I would recommend doing a little bit of research on OpenVZ and it's limitations. I know it's probably not the exact answer you are looking for, but hope it helps a bit.

forsaken
2015-08-04, 05:41 PM
Whats different about the cloud? would i still be able to host on the cloud VPS aswell?

vectr0n
2015-08-04, 05:40 PM
Quote Originally Posted by forsaken
I was wondering because it says you can change the OS at any time via control panel..Can i change it from linux to windows? or is that not possible.
You can re-install as many times as you like via the Manager. Unfortunately OpenVZ does not support Windows, you would at least need the VPS Cloud line-up to be able to install/use Windows. Hope this helps a bit

forsaken
2015-08-04, 05:32 PM
I was wondering because it says you can change the OS at any time via control panel..Can i change it from linux to windows? or is that not possible.