We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

My 12 year old Lenovo laptop is more powerful than your VPS Classic 4!

James @ OVH
2015-08-03, 11:17 AM
Hello Ssamjh,

The CPUs used in our VPSs are actually between 2.8-3.2 Ghz also, the RAM in that model as advertised has 8GB.
You should be able to host a pretty decent MC server with those specs. Depending of course on the users, plugins, etc..

To find out the exact CPU model you have you can run the following: cat /proc/cpuinfo
You can also run "top" to see what resources are being maxed out.

If this is a bandwidth issue we will be able to trouble shoot with mtr, if you are located far from our DC it is possible that you may experience some latency.
In this case we can find out which DC would be best for hosting your server.

Your OVH account is not linked to your forum account and for this reason I'm not able to take a look any of your account info.
It would be great if you could open a support ticket, if you have not already. Please include any pertinent logs, that will save our team some time.

If you would can reply here with the ticket number I will personally take a look as well.

Thanks,

James @ OVH

ssamjh
2015-08-02, 04:10 AM
As the title says. My old lenovo with a 1.6Ghz single core and 2GB ram is able to run a minecraft server better than your VPS Classic 4!

You need to fix the problems with your hosting as it truly is terrible!