We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

IP Location

vectr0n
2015-08-04, 06:10 PM
Quote Originally Posted by dezaxatul
Hello,

I have bought several Failover IPs from SYS which are supposed to be US or CA IPs.
Their WHOIS info seems to be correct. However, Google Analytics does not "see" their correct location. It records them as being either "not-set" or from "Indonesia", "United Arab Emirates".

What can I do to fix this? For what I use them it's really important.
Please help!
I ran into this issue when first setting up IP's with SYS. I was advised that OVH sends out the updated GeoLocate information, but it can take up to 6 months for ALL GeoLocate providers to update the location. With the exhaustion of IPv4 a lot of IP's are moved around and their information changed/updated. In my experience it only took about 15-30 days for it to be updated all over the place correctly. I found also contacting support was kind of useless on this matter as they just referred me back to the WHOIS information as it was correct. I also do not advise paying GeoLocate providers to update the information as it's really a money grab. I hope this helps a bit

dezaxatul
2015-07-29, 03:24 PM
Hello,

I have bought several Failover IPs from SYS which are supposed to be US or CA IPs.
Their WHOIS info seems to be correct. However, Google Analytics does not "see" their correct location. It records them as being either "not-set" or from "Indonesia", "United Arab Emirates".

What can I do to fix this? For what I use them it's really important.
Please help!