We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Diskspace Problems

MesaHost
2015-07-09, 05:41 PM
Resizing partitions can be risky business.

You can of course move everything to /var if you choose, most program don't care where they execute from and I doubt you'll have an issue with minecraft or teamspeak.

team speak you should be able to just shut the teamspeak off move the folder over, then restart it.

I don't know about minecraft as I've never run one but it may also be that easy also, I'd check the minecraft forums for "moving to different data directory"

Otherwise the easiest approach may be to just reinstall the server with the partitions fixed to how you now know you want them.

ajbboy123
2015-07-09, 12:25 PM
Operating System: Minecraft Gameserver (Debian 7) (64bits)

I installed this Operating System because I was going to use a Dedicated Server to host a Dedicated Minecraft Network, and small TeamSpeak Server. Both by the way are working perfectly fine. However, I recently realized that the diskspace that I have to work with in the /home is very small. 20GB to be exact (total), and I've already used over 10GB, is there any way I can make more space in /home or what?

And this is my df -H:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 21G 13G 7.5G 62% /
/dev/root 21G 13G 7.5G 62% /
devtmpfs 8.4G 0 8.4G 0% /dev
tmpfs 1.7G 267k 1.7G 1% /run
tmpfs 5.3M 0 5.3M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 3.5G 0 3.5G 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda3 2.0T 282M 1.9T 1% /var

Or is there a way I can transfer all my data to /var (having 1.9T of space left) and somehow make the Website/ControlPanel for the Minecraft Gameserver redirect the data to /var as well.