We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Question on raid with SSD

sweharris
2015-06-17, 10:48 PM
Quote Originally Posted by vectr0n
ESXi does not support support raid configurations at all.
Well, doesn't support software raid; it assumes the underlying hardware to be resilient (hardware raid controller, SAN storage, etc). It's why I decided to not use ESXi (or XenServer; same issue); they're really not designed for commodity hardware :-)

vectr0n
2015-06-17, 05:36 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Conflict
I just recently started renting the E3-SSD-3 server. I have a question on raid. I plan on using ESXI to run a windows and linux server side-by-side. I wanted to know if it is possible to have two of the ssds in raid1 (windows) while having the other on its own (linux). How exactly do I go about this in the rescue-mode?

Thank you.
ESXi does not support support raid configurations at all. When you create the virtual machines you can most definitely create more then one virtual disk. This way you can have two virtual disks, one on each physical hard drive and the operating system will set up software raid when selected/installed.

spwebhosting
2015-06-15, 11:52 PM
Vai virtualizar qual aplicação?

Conflict
2015-06-12, 03:52 PM
I just recently started renting the E3-SSD-3 server. I have a question on raid. I plan on using ESXI to run a windows and linux server side-by-side. I wanted to know if it is possible to have two of the ssds in raid1 (windows) while having the other on its own (linux). How exactly do I go about this in the rescue-mode?

Thank you.