We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

"Enterprise" DDoS Mitigation - Exactly how many PPS or Gbps?

Marc-Antoine @ OVH
2015-07-01, 03:26 PM
Hello,

If an attack is detected on one of our server, our infrastructure will react accordingly and protect your server and our network. You can find a lot of information about our anti-DDOS and VAC (Tilera and Arbor) technology at https://www.ovh.com/us/anti-ddos/.

Regards,
Marc-Antoine D.

J.Dre
2015-06-28, 12:39 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
Hello,

Our Anti-DDoS system protects our entire network. The Anti-DDoS server here in North America is capable of mitigating attacks up to 160 Gbps.

Obviously, it is still important to set up proper firewall rules on your end to minimize the threat of attack, but our system is quite efficient.

Regards,
Phil C.
Hi Phil,

Do clients have guaranteed Gbps DDoS Protection? Or is it only the entire network that supports "up to" 160Gbps?

Thanks.

Phil @ OVH
2015-05-26, 09:40 AM
Hello,

Our Anti-DDoS system protects our entire network. The Anti-DDoS server here in North America is capable of mitigating attacks up to 160 Gbps.

Obviously, it is still important to set up proper firewall rules on your end to minimize the threat of attack, but our system is quite efficient.

Regards,
Phil C.

J.Dre
2015-05-26, 09:07 AM
Hello,

I'm interested in renting one of your enterprise level dedicated servers for an upcoming project (game) that I plan to host in North America. My main concern is DDoS protection. It is a common occurrence to run into attacks of 20Gbps or greater for sustained periods in my area of interest, and I was hoping OVH had the capability of withstanding such attacks... The server I am interested in renting comes with "Anti-DDoS Pro" protection, which from what I've read, is the best type you offer. But I was unable to find exactly how many PPS or Gbps this protection offers, on an individual basis.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
J.Dre