We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Now Suddenly Soyoustart Proven to be Money Hungry

brijendrasial
2015-05-16, 07:18 PM
1) I am not talking about only one agent. I had call with many agents regarding this issue and response was same from everyone side and its visible in ticket itself.

2) I have reply from Mr samuel initially and definitely he is not new too.

3) I always mentioned from first day, If you can refund me I will take other server. It is in ticket also. You also need to read the ticket carefully. No one, seriously no one from the team replied for that. Please recheck replies.

4) Even I would have asked prior to order, then also 100% you guys would have misled me saying yes it support. This is what I am trying to explain , if you guys knew then why you all were finding the solutions. Even single person in support was trying to find out what is the issue. I am not only talking about 1 person, I am saying for everyone with whom I had call. Assumptions are made because of the replies.

5) You support hardware and not software. Why you claim yourself as proxmox partner? What is the exact role of a partner? So according to OVH , partner means company name get listed on Website and infrastructure will not support its working. Nice partnership and protocol. Better would be If you can tell proxmox to remove OVH from partnership list and you should tell them that OVH only supports their own infra and hardware and by any means proxmox is not part of any hardware.

6) Again I will say refund always meant to get another server which support proxmox. Even it is visible in my replied. From 11-17th the present date no one care to reply me once for replacement and now you are saying so.

7) Again I would say, I do need a server but you guys need to learn how to talk to someone. The way it was behaved and treated is totally unacceptable and you would fell the same when some does the same way.

8) Please tell me how much will be added to that new server from old server. As 6-7 days are already wasted and this could have been done on 1st day itself if your team knew it wasnt support or would have not misled me saying "They are looking into it / Solving the issue"

9) If I pay for the new server, then I need to pay whole amount. How will the adjustment work.

I need to ask you everything because one cannot trust you blindly now as the next day you will say "you havent asked us, we said we will add the fund after a year". This may happen , truely acceptable from your side.

Phil @ OVH
2015-05-16, 06:54 PM
Hello,

I did read the entire ticket. It seems the agent you spoke with was not aware that Proxmox wasn't compatible with software RAID. He is new here, so I will make sure to speak with him about it on Monday when he is back to work.

Regardless, the problem here is that you want a refund on a server because Proxmox is not compatible with software RAID, but you ordered the server before telling us you wanted to install Proxmox. The issue at hand is not that our support agent wasn't aware of the incompatibility, it's that you want a refund on a server for something that is software related. We support our hardware and infrastructure only. We can't issue refunds for software issues. Had you asked prior to ordering and we had misled you, I would gladly issue the refund, but as it stands, I cannot.

My offer to transfer the balance of this server over to a server with hardware RAID still stands, but you would need to order the server before I can proceed with that action.

Regards,
Phil C.

brijendrasial
2015-05-16, 06:36 PM
Well you wont be surprised if you have read the whole ticket instead of directly blaming me. Its ok I have already accepted my fault.

Phil @ OVH
2015-05-16, 06:30 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry for any confusion. The truth is, our manager tool doesn't currently support RAID 5 completely. There is a workaround to making it install in RAID 5, but it's not natively supported.

I'm surprised to hear that none of them knew Proxmox doesn't support software RAID. It's in our training documents, and in our support tools. While it is possible to install Proxmox in software RAID, as the link that you provided clearly states, it is not tested nor is it recommended. As such, we do not allow that configuration.

Regards,
Phil C.

brijendrasial
2015-05-16, 06:15 PM
I responded too. Now I would like to speak out something and this is pure out of frustration.

I take responsibility of placing order without confirmation of proxmox. I seriously believe I am responsible for it. If that is the case why was soyoustart team unaware of their software itself.

1) Initially I asked If raid 5 is possible your representative told me in ticket itself, yes its possible but out manager doent provide that functionality and I have to do on my own. Seriously, You manager supports it but your team itself is unaware of your software and you want to say "I am responsible". I think proper guidance is needed for the team itself and they should be made aware of the OVH products or else falsified information will be always provided. Even If I told them that I need for proxmox then reply would have been always yes as they didnt knew anything if it does or not. You will know below why I said that.

2) I called N number of times to soyoustart team. No one in the team knew that proxmox is not supported with software raid. They told they are looking into it, They are forcing the install, there is something wrong with the server, there is something wrong with the panel. I do remember all confirmed with the tech department and they told they are looking into the issue. if you guys were so sure proxmox doent support software raid 5 why where you all looking into the issue for 3 days. Whole team was looking into it seems. This thing you can see into the ticket also. There is nothing like I am making stories , if someone ask for proof I will provide screenshot and you say "I am responsible for it"

3) One tech consulted the datacenter guy and he replied ask customer if he want me to install proxmox with software raid 5 or raid 1 so that datacenter guy can install it for me. Seriously? Someone in the databaceter also doesnt know if that doesnt support. This makes it very clear that datacenter technicians werent aware of it and you say "I am responsible for it". For everything screenshot can be provided.

4) Then suddenly one day, you do search on Google and the first link provided is "https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Software_RAID". This states they haven't tested it but it does support. Even I accept it as it doesn't support and its ok. I went ahead and saw OVH is one of their partner. Seriously? Your team is unaware of the product itself and you call yourself proxmox partners. Still I will say "I am responsible for it"

5) One representative even pushed the installation and according to him proxmox was installed successfully with raid 5 software support. I kept on arguing its not correct but he kept on saying its correctly installed and then he said I will close this ticket now. Why would you closed this ticket now? If it was correctly installed then provide me that correctly installed proxmox server with raid 5 support. Where is that correctly installed server? Also he went ahead and consulted the technician and technician too gave the green flag and said raid 5 is perfectly installed and now they say "I am responsible for it."

5) I have many more things to say but its all about "Only I am responsible for it". Soyoustart team is fully aware of the products and software they are providing and they are correct in every manner and are very professional.

You keep the money , you keep your server. I don't mind loosing it now. At least I know many truth about OVH which has soooooooo many datacenter across world. I do need to buy a server but I wont work on your orders. You say me this, I do this and that. I am not your robot in any way. You can keep all you have but the way you guys treat someone is not acceptable. I will every time speak out when I will find something like this.

Today I realized I am not the only noob as billion dollar company has many.

Phil @ OVH
2015-05-16, 05:45 PM
Hello,

I've responded to your support ticket.

Regards,
Phil C.

brijendrasial
2015-05-16, 05:34 PM

Phil @ OVH
2015-05-16, 05:32 PM
Hello,

Could you either provide the ticket number, or put your OVH Nichandle in your forum account profile? I will look into it for you.

Regards,
Phil C.

brijendrasial
2015-05-16, 05:05 PM
Also once it is delivered means I have paid full amount. How it will then adjust?

brijendrasial
2015-05-16, 05:04 PM
yes but your team is not replying to my ticket at OVH.

Phil @ OVH
2015-05-16, 04:29 PM
Hello,

As I wrote in my previous message, you would first need to order the new server. Once it is delivered, you can request that we transfer the remaining balance of the old server over to the new one.

Regards,
Phil C.

brijendrasial
2015-05-16, 01:23 AM
are you sure sir? Yes, I need a server from OVH with raid 5 hardware. I even said this to support days back but no one replied. Obviously the OVH server is much higher value around 130$. Please cancel the present server so that I can order the new from OVH. Thanks

Phil @ OVH
2015-05-15, 05:39 PM
Hello,

If you were to order a new server with a hardware RAID Controller, we will gladly transfer the remaining balance of the server you have now to the new one, so long as the new server is of equal or greater value.

Regards,
Phil C.

brijendrasial
2015-05-15, 05:25 PM
No issue. I accept my fault. I did forgot to mention that proxmox instead I mentioned VPS. Nvm its ok. You can still cancel the server and make it available for purchase as there is no need of it. It may help someone in need to get it.

Phil @ OVH
2015-05-15, 05:21 PM
Hello,

The server is capable of doing Raid 5 in software RAID. I read through the exchange in your ticket, and you never mentioned you would be using Proxmox in your messages before ordering the server. Proxmox doesn't support software RAID, that is a limitation within the operating system itself.

We unfortunately had no way of knowing you would be using Proxmox. I'm sorry this caused you problems, but it is up to the customer to know the limitations of the software they will be using, or to inquire about it before ordering.

Regards,
Phil C.

brijendrasial
2015-05-15, 04:34 PM
sent you screenshot.

brijendrasial
2015-05-15, 04:22 PM
There is no ticket number in client panel ticket system. From where to get it? Or should I send you full screenshot.

Phil @ OVH
2015-05-15, 04:12 PM
Hello,

Would you be able to provide me the ticket number where you requested this information before purchasing? I will gladly look into the situation for you.

Regards,
Phil C.

brijendrasial
2015-05-15, 02:16 AM
Hello,

Initially before buying server itself asked If its possible to use Raid 5. They said yes and they will help. Using proxmox while raid 5 the installation always failed. After 3 days they are replying that software raid is not support and we wont refund. Is that the way you want money. They never take responsibility of anything. Uisng many servers with them still they behave like this as they dont care about anyone. Its ok they can keep 70$ but this was never expected. enjoy