We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Loyalty discount


Elochai
2016-01-31, 05:44 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
Hello,

Those were not the terms of the contract. The contract gave you free set up fees. We used to also have a deal of 3 months off the price of a one-year renewal after 12 months of continuous rental, which is no longer offered. But the 3 months off was never contingent on a previous 1-year term, it was contingent on a 1-year term after 12 months of rental.

Regards,
Phil C.
I paid for 12 months and when my 12 months are up it will be 12 continuous rental months (that was paid in full). Under them terms which you just stated you are now dishonoring the terms of adding 3 months free to my server rental when my server comes up for renewal.

Only thing OVH and SYS is doing is; telling it customer base that it's un-loyal and untrustworthy. I paid in for a year because of what was offered and now your falling back on what you promised to deliver. You won't get a lump sum from me based on this anymore, I'll go month to month if I don't switch providers. Most of my servers are located in the USA on Level 3 providers.

HTMLtag
2015-12-09, 02:48 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Phil @ OVH
Hello,

Those were not the terms of the contract. The contract gave you free set up fees. We used to also have a deal of 3 months off the price of a one-year renewal after 12 months of continuous rental, which is no longer offered. But the 3 months off was never contingent on a previous 1-year term, it was contingent on a 1-year term after 12 months of rental.

Regards,
Phil C.
While I understand your point and OVH's point. Terms can change, and this was for renewal after 12 months of service.
What's to stop OVH from misleading customers with abusive things in the future.
Say something like:
Free Server Rental for life with one-year renewal after 12 months of continuous rental.
Then you change the terms and remove it.

It deceives the customer into getting a year worth of service, in hopes that after another year they never have to pay for the server again.

Yes, this was an extreme example, but the size of the promise doesn't matter as it gets pulled from under them.

Lets say you do do the same thing in my extreme example, but you decide to be deceptive and give them a raspberry pi after 2 years of service, with at 200mb/m limit. It still honors the vague text, but it's not what the customer expected.

They are still part of their previous agreement, you're not supposed to change that after the fact without both parties agreeing. It may be something someone could challenge in court. If it's one server, I doubt it's worth the effort and money, but if it's a lot of servers, it may be worthwhile.
You can change it for new server agreements going forward though.

Phil @ OVH
2015-12-09, 10:29 AM
Hello,

Those were not the terms of the contract. The contract gave you free set up fees. We used to also have a deal of 3 months off the price of a one-year renewal after 12 months of continuous rental, which is no longer offered. But the 3 months off was never contingent on a previous 1-year term, it was contingent on a 1-year term after 12 months of rental.

Regards,
Phil C.

skippy
2015-12-08, 10:59 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Elochai
This is not good at all and a very low standard.

If a customer made an agreement to pay for a service in advance for fee's waived and terms of an added 3 months of service for free then it doesn't matter if they changed the terms or not now as that agreement has already been put into place and you have honored your part of the agreement.

This is troubling for me as I paid them for a full year under the same terms, no setup fee and 3 months free. My contact is up in May 2016. When the time comes for renewal I will be on the phone with them as I find tech support by the ticket system is useless.
No more 3 months free. I created a support ticket. and they keep saying it's not possible .

Elochai
2015-10-18, 07:59 PM
This is not good at all and a very low standard.

If a customer made an agreement to pay for a service in advance for fee's waived and terms of an added 3 months of service for free then it doesn't matter if they changed the terms or not now as that agreement has already been put into place and you have honored your part of the agreement.

This is troubling for me as I paid them for a full year under the same terms, no setup fee and 3 months free. My contact is up in May 2016. When the time comes for renewal I will be on the phone with them as I find tech support by the ticket system is useless.

brad2014
2015-05-09, 07:10 PM
So not only is the loyalty discount gone they are now charging setup fees again...

bierdybard
2015-05-07, 03:52 PM
Quote Originally Posted by vectr0n
In reality letting your server get so close to being expired, THEN open a billing inquiry. It's really your own fault if anything happens to the data on the server. You made the choice to wait to resolve the issue, and instead of waiting forever... call them....... just my opinion.
Since you have decided to make assumptions without gathering facts, let me set you straight.

1) I first brought this issue up two months ago. No indication that there would be a problem at that time.
2) Given that this was an advertised policy, it's not unreasonable to expect the billing system to be smart enough to account for it automatically.
3) Failing #2, a week plus (yes, still waiting) for a resolution on a simple question seems a bit excessive. The only reason it isn't a bigger issue is that OVH has given me the benefit of the doubt and allowed me to stay online pending resolution of the issue.

Assumptions are bad, mmkay?

vectr0n
2015-05-07, 12:39 PM
Quote Originally Posted by bierdybard
I sincerely hope they aren't planning to renege on that promise that they made to everybody that signed up in 2014. I'm a loyal OVH customer, but that would be a pretty good way to lose my business. As it is I'm now sitting with a past due server because I've been waiting 24 hours for a response to the ticket I opened.
In reality letting your server get so close to being expired, THEN open a billing inquiry. It's really your own fault if anything happens to the data on the server. You made the choice to wait to resolve the issue, and instead of waiting forever... call them....... just my opinion.

brad2014
2015-05-06, 04:06 PM
I'm seeing that too.... Looks like there is now no advantage to pay for them in advance....

bierdybard
2015-05-02, 06:14 AM
I sincerely hope they aren't planning to renege on that promise that they made to everybody that signed up in 2014. I'm a loyal OVH customer, but that would be a pretty good way to lose my business. As it is I'm now sitting with a past due server because I've been waiting 24 hours for a response to the ticket I opened.

HTMLtag
2015-05-02, 12:58 AM
I am also curious about this. Last month it was noticed by a few that the wording disappeared from all of OVH offerings.
Maybe they are working out a new program. Maybe they want increased turnover on the SYS lines and other servers, since they have the setup fees and to reduce the complaints about servers not being available.

Loyalty benefits. Once you've rented a server for 12 months, you automatically get: - 1 month free for a 6 month renewal. - 3 months free for a 12 month renewal.

bierdybard
2015-05-01, 08:05 PM
Hello,

The server that I have had for one year is up for renewal; however, the invoice/billing page does not reflect the loyalty discount. How do I go about getting this? I have not yet renewed.

Thanks.