We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Winrescue Help

jpsmythe
2015-04-15, 08:11 AM
I have resolved the issue myself. Just in case anyone else has any issues similar to this the So you start support ticket replied with:

Diagnosis interface boot (rescue):
Here are the details of the operation performed:
The server has started (login is requested on the screen) but inaccessible
by the network (not pinging).

I then connected to VNC and reset the NIC then did a netboot using the Boot from hard drive (no netboot) option.

No idea why it happened, or what I did was 100% correct, but it is working now and that's all that matters!

jpsmythe
2015-04-15, 12:57 AM
So I have been running Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Enterprise Edition since January without any issues whatsoever.

I have not touched any software on the server in weeks but yesterday it booted up into Winrescue. I am currently running a disk scan to see if it is an issue with the disks but apart from that I am completely confused about what to do and what caused it?

I should have all the backups so as I have only migrated a few sites over to this server so that is not an issue, but I don't want to carry on using this service if this could be a regular occurrence that is not easily fixable.

I have raised a support ticket but I assume they will say it is my responsibility to fix.

Thanks in advance!