We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Customer Many Years, Cancelling Service

Phil @ OVH
2015-04-17, 09:23 AM
Quote Originally Posted by difumetti
OVH Data Center Review Customer Many Years
Here is my honest review of OVH after being a customer for many years.

Services:
1. dedicated server 2x 128 GB hard drives, 16GB RAM, 8 cores 1GB port. Price $89 per month
2. dedicated servers 2 x 1 TB hard drives, 8GB RAM, 4 cores , 100MB port Price $39 per month
My IP there:
PRICE:
I have 2 servers with OVH and was "grandfathered from their old packages. Pricing was amazing.
Downtime:
I have only experienced small downtimes for hardware. I use a monitoring service and always check on uptime. One time a hard drive went bad and they replaced it within 30 minutes. Another time I had a problem installing the VMware template and it was fixed in less then 30 minutes.
Abuse:
I offer shared hosting and had a wordpress website was hacked. They installed some php code to send spam. OVH was on it and blocked email ports 25 etc for that customer. I removed the code and cleaned the website. They removed the block. I liked this feature, wordpress gets hacked all the time.
Support - Customer Service
This was horrible. I was glad most of the server admin tasks I can handle myself in their control panel. If you call, they will not help you ( I only called 2 times in many years ).
Billing:
The worst I have ever dealt with. I pay my bills on time and this was the worst ever. I work in many different cities. If you pay your bill from an IP or location that is far away from your billing address, they will redflag your order and make send copies of your passport and credit card. Every month I would have make copies and send it to them . They will send threatening emails to cancel your service even tho you have been customer for many years. I will post thier recent email below.
Overview:
I will never use them again. I do not have time every month to send them proof for billing that I just sent the month before. I simply do not have time to do this. Every month I spent 30 minutes plus sending documents and explaining who I am, even tho I have been customer for years. And the thought if I did not provide them this info as fast as they would like, they would cancel my service.
Sample Email from them:
Good day,

Since the renewal is always done from a different location, we have to ask you documents every time for security purposes.

Maybe renewing your server for 3, 6 or 12 months would be more convenient for you?

Once we received the requested documents, we will be able to proceed with the validation of your order.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact our 24/7 support departement (toll free) at 1-855-684-5463.

Thank you for your understanding,

Validation Team

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. It's very important, as a company, that we hear about problems like this so that they can be addressed.

I've taken the time to go over your account history on my end. Firstly, with regards to the email you received, the employee who sent it is still in training for our validation team, and was actually mistaken. Once the documents requested are received, we stop the system from flagging your orders for that reason. I've already spoken to our employee about the issue, it has been resolved.

However, with regards to our validation system itself, I saw that we requested documents from you twice in the entire time you were with us. The only reason we asked for them the second time is that they were never provided the first time. I find no problems with how we approached the situation.

Our validation system is in place to protect against identity theft and fraud. We do this to protect ourselves as well as our customers.

I am happy to hear that your technical issues were always resolved promptly, and that you found our pricing to be excellent. We pride ourselves on providing great hardware at great prices.

Regards,
Phil C.

difumetti
2015-04-11, 10:20 PM
OVH Data Center Review Customer Many Years
Here is my honest review of OVH after being a customer for many years.

Services:
1. dedicated server 2x 128 GB hard drives, 16GB RAM, 8 cores 1GB port. Price $89 per month
2. dedicated servers 2 x 1 TB hard drives, 8GB RAM, 4 cores , 100MB port Price $39 per month
My IP there:
PRICE:
I have 2 servers with OVH and was "grandfathered from their old packages. Pricing was amazing.
Downtime:
I have only experienced small downtimes for hardware. I use a monitoring service and always check on uptime. One time a hard drive went bad and they replaced it within 30 minutes. Another time I had a problem installing the VMware template and it was fixed in less then 30 minutes.
Abuse:
I offer shared hosting and had a wordpress website was hacked. They installed some php code to send spam. OVH was on it and blocked email ports 25 etc for that customer. I removed the code and cleaned the website. They removed the block. I liked this feature, wordpress gets hacked all the time.
Support - Customer Service
This was horrible. I was glad most of the server admin tasks I can handle myself in their control panel. If you call, they will not help you ( I only called 2 times in many years ).
Billing:
The worst I have ever dealt with. I pay my bills on time and this was the worst ever. I work in many different cities. If you pay your bill from an IP or location that is far away from your billing address, they will redflag your order and make send copies of your passport and credit card. Every month I would have make copies and send it to them . They will send threatening emails to cancel your service even tho you have been customer for many years. I will post thier recent email below.
Overview:
I will never use them again. I do not have time every month to send them proof for billing that I just sent the month before. I simply do not have time to do this. Every month I spent 30 minutes plus sending documents and explaining who I am, even tho I have been customer for years. And the thought if I did not provide them this info as fast as they would like, they would cancel my service.
Sample Email from them:
Good day,

Since the renewal is always done from a different location, we have to ask you documents every time for security purposes.

Maybe renewing your server for 3, 6 or 12 months would be more convenient for you?

Once we received the requested documents, we will be able to proceed with the validation of your order.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact our 24/7 support departement (toll free) at 1-855-684-5463.

Thank you for your understanding,

Validation Team