We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

how to get all vm's on their dedicated vlan

uname
2015-03-29, 10:41 AM
Hi,

I'm new to vmware vsphere...

Right now, i am using only the vm vlan to create my vm's on my pcc. Seems like it's the easy way to do things. But i wouldn't provide full access to one of those vm's to a customer, because they may be able to use ANY ip they want on our ranges

I am aware there is a more complex way to configure my networking.

Possible for someone to briefly describe the steps i need to achieve in order to get all my vm's on their own dedicated vlans on a PCC at ovh? I am all confused with the "V" words in the vMware doc (their terminology is more than specific to their own products!)

I know i need to go to the vm parameters, and select the private vlan i need for the network card, and then i need to install a dhcp server inside the vm so it can communiate with others. But how can i get a vm on a private vlan to communicate with the oustide world?

For example, if there are 3 hosted companies on the pcc, i would like each of those companies get their own vlans. I would like to be able to provide them with X ip addresses, not more, not less, so they won't be able to confgure any ip address they want on their server

Thank you