We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Server in Canada instead of France?

JohnnyBeGood
2015-03-27, 10:54 AM
Thank you!

vectr0n
2015-03-27, 10:28 AM
Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood
Thanks for the reply!
That sucks because I live in the US and I prefer Canada due to latency. Did not know about recycle. Actually currently I have server with ovh.ca but it after 105 days of being up I decided to do shutdown -r now and after that it responds to pings but SSH says connection refused. Nothing I can do. Support suggested rescue mode which I initiated but have not received temp password. Still waiting for few hours response from the support and I'm afraid I lost my server and all websites data on it.
Any service that you can recommend either here or PM?
Keep in mind they stress test all hardware before making it available under the SYS brand.

Here are two that I am ware of, both are unofficial and OVH does not provide support:
https://forum.ovh.us/showthread.php/...y-(Unofficial)
http://www.availability.ovh/

JohnnyBeGood
2015-03-27, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the reply!
That sucks because I live in the US and I prefer Canada due to latency. Did not know about recycle. Actually currently I have server with ovh.ca but it after 105 days of being up I decided to do shutdown -r now and after that it responds to pings but SSH says connection refused. Nothing I can do. Support suggested rescue mode which I initiated but have not received temp password. Still waiting for few hours response from the support and I'm afraid I lost my server and all websites data on it.
Any service that you can recommend either here or PM?

vectr0n
2015-03-27, 09:02 AM
Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBeGood
hi,

is it possible to get server in Canada? I'm forced to use France data center.
Yes it is possible, but the stock in the OVH Canada data center is extremely limited for SYS. Reason being is that SYS is recycled OVH hardware, so an OVH customer would need to give up a server before OVH can re-certify the hardware and make it available to SYS customers. The France data centers have been around a lot longer then the Canadian data center so they have lots of extra stock to offer under the SYS brand. There are a few unofficial services around that will email you when a certain server becomes available.

JohnnyBeGood
2015-03-27, 08:37 AM
hi,

is it possible to get server in Canada? I'm forced to use France data center.