We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Account validated but still not functional

heise
2015-02-22, 11:44 PM
Actually, you are right. Another of those differences between Canada and European Kimsufi. European Kimsufi has this http://www.kimsufi.com/en/support/contact_us.xml to contact them and you can choose your department to contact. Canadian Kimsufi only offers forum support and that takes sometimes a few days, but in your case it seems, you just had to give them a little bit more time. Nice to hear it is resolved.

Viper-7
2015-02-22, 05:23 PM
And it's fixed, Thanks Kimsufi!

Viper-7
2015-02-22, 05:02 PM
Quote Originally Posted by heise
Ask them to queue you back in. That way you get the next available KS-2 server.
I'm not terribly worried about getting in a queue for a server, more just to have a working account so I can request servers when I like.

Also you mean a KS-4? I don't want a KS-2.

Support over their website.
You mean the sales website? the management console? or the website i'm on right now? (the forum) Don't worry I found it long before you posted, just not sure how you expected this to help? You took the time to post a comment, but not to make it helpful?

Do staff not visit this forum? Will other users not have this issue too, and want to read through the process?

For anyone playing along at home, login to the management console using the control panel link on the homepage (this works even if your account is not yet validated, and is the *only* place your account details actually work before activated), head to the support tab and press new ticket.

I love the principle of Kimsufi hosting, to offer very basic packages with no software support, etc - I hate paying for extra services like support that i'll never use, and i'm totally fine with a 24-48 hour ticket response time with what I use Kimsufi services for. But it seems to me the forum is filled with account creation and ordering issues. I'm sure Kimsufi support are busy people because of it, and it's sad to see a poor quality sales app bringing down such an otherwise ideal service. Seems to me a small investment there could drastically shrink their support load, maybe their management isn't as insightful as they appear.

IMO Kimsufi/OVH really need to at least separate the account creation and checkout process... If my order hadn't expired 4 hours before I was validated and allowed to pay orders, i'd not have had an issue, nor would probably half the other topic posters on this forum.

Thanks for trying heise, but I really need action from Kimsufi's / OVH's end to resolve this. As someone who provides a lot of online support, you also might want to try expanding your answers so they actually make sense to other people who aren't inside your head :P

heise
2015-02-22, 02:05 PM
Support over their website.

Viper-7
2015-02-22, 02:51 AM
Ask them to queue you back in. That way you get the next available KS-2 server.
Ask them how? The only account support link leads here

heise
2015-02-22, 01:14 AM
Ask them to queue you back in. That way you get the next available KS-4 server.

[UPDATE]Sorry, KS-2 was typo[/UDPATE]

Viper-7
2015-02-21, 06:33 PM
I ordered a KS-4 instance 2 days ago, the ID validation process look longer than 24 hours so the order expired.

Now i've been emailed to say my validation was successful, and I can login to the control panel, but when I try to place an order I see an "invalid existing nic : ..." message after entering my account details.

I use kimsufi to test services at work and have been so impressed I want my own server! Please take my money! :P